Best all round tyres anyone?

Wow! only 5 thou, That makes the 20 thou I got out of my michelins good value, happy I went with them again, they had the best of the figures they show, and only a couple of quid more than the cheaper ones, So that is Michelin Agilis3 for me. £261 for a pair from Kwikfit on line.
Ges, I bought a new set on iveco rims of ebay £100 for 4, then got some used ones at buttons, so I have a second set to burn of.
iveco rim.png

I use Hifly tyres £59 each plus fitting from Save on tyres Exeter
We had Hifly tyres fitted to our old Swift, 25000 miles later and they had worn down only a couple of mm. We have Continental Vanvco’s on our current van (3850kg) still plenty of wear left after 20k, but we had the same tyres on an Autosleeper (3700kg) and the fronts were down to the tread indicators at 22k.
We’ll be getting new 4 season tyres next year, probably Continentals again.

We had Hifly tyres fitted to our old Swift, 25000 miles later and they had worn down only a couple of mm. We have Continental Vanvco’s on our current van (3850kg) still plenty of wear left after 20k, but we had the same tyres on an Autosleeper (3700kg) and the fronts were down to the tread indicators at 22k.
We’ll be getting new 4 season tyres next year, probably Continentals again.
Yep my last rear set was hifly and did not last, but then we drive here like the clappers, well not as its the hills twisty roads and hard braking seems to do it.

My MLI has worn the rear tyres down to 3-4mm and I decided to buy four Vancos to replace the Vanco 11s it came with I have put the new tyres onto the rear wheels, moving them to the front and old fronts to the rear. as they were much less worn. I have the two new ones waiting in the workshop for their turn to go on. At the moment the van has 44000 and the Vancos are a softer ride than the vanco11s that came off. Much more compliant but less responsive to the steering inputs. They cost £460 for the four and the depot will fit them when I need them.

I run mine down to the legal under 3.5t marker bars, vans over 3.5 can run down to 1mm.
tread depth uk..png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back