Besancon - warning for twin axle motorhome owners

GMJ

I know that this is a wild camping forum but I also know that from time to time wild campers also use sites to sort water, toilet etc out, hence my posting this here.

We arrived at Camping de Besancon yesterday https://campingdebesancon.com/ having previously stayed her a few years ago en route to the SoF. It is on the ACSI scheme so should be 18€ a night however as we had a twin axle MH they attempted to charge us 69.60€ a night.

This led to a very heated exchange where I had to point out that their website makes no mention of twin axle MHs only caravans and then it says it is 49€ for low season (not 69.60€). Also the ACSI website and book does not make any reference to twin axle MHs being excluded from the ACSI low season price.

They even tried saying that they would not be able to sell the pitch opposite ours due to our size! Total rubbish as they then later did sell that pitch and there is ample room for both of us to get out as there is a road between us!

Anyway I made this post to warn other twin axle owners who search for Besancon in the future just in case they do not change their website and you get caught out.

NB We could have moved sites but by the time this was all sorted it was past 4.00pm on a very hot day so we were not inclined to get on the road again at that time. My wife wasn't feeling too great either (she has MS). Plus there was the principle of it too.

We called there last week I think, big pitches in front of a chateau? Didn't stop as surrounded by high trees stopping tv signal. Missus is calmer when she has her soaps ! Went on to Verdun.

I can't recall seeing a chateau tbh. There are some big pitches though and yes, there are many trees.

Btw the showers are only lukewarm and the on site water taps are push button which would be a PITA really.

All in all not great. I have reported them to ACSI as well so they can look into it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back