Ben Nevis

cancunia

I'm planning to visit Ben Nevis in May. Can anyone recommend a good place to overnight for a camper van? Pub car park stopover suggestions are also welcome. I noticed on the Location App that there's a visitor centre, any ideas if it's allowed to overnight there?

Thanks

I'm planning to visit Ben Nevis in May. Can anyone recommend a good place to overnight for a camper van? Pub car park stopover suggestions are also welcome. I noticed on the Location App that there's a visitor centre, any ideas if it's allowed to overnight there?

Thanks
You can overnight at the Nevis range mountain resort for a fee £15 a night no services but a decent nights sleep.

I’ve stayed in the Forestry Scotland North Face car park free.

Thanks for the post, unfortunately, it seems there's no longer overnight parking allowed.

"Stay The Night - Our Stay the Night trial has now ended. All participating car parks have now reverted to no overnight parking permitted, in line with all our car parks."

Looks like the "stay the night" trial has also ended everywhere at least for now. I'll contact them and see what they say about 2022.

Last edited:
Visitors centre or Braveheart car park over the road. If your discreet you won’t have any issues.

Thanks
Try stopping at the kings House the top of rannoch moor and then travel on to fort William in the morning and Ben Nevis or try the red squirrel just passed the clack haigh

Try stopping at the kings House the top of rannoch moor and then travel on to fort William in the morning and Ben Nevis or try the red squirrel just passed the clack haigh

I've stayed at both but not for a while.

Great places to stay if still allowed.

Road end in Glen Nevis, if you have a smaller van. It'll be popular in May, better to arrive later in the day.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back