Beets-y-code

I suppose campsites are ok if you need the facilities that they provide and that you plan your holidays ahead,
Fortunately for us we don’t need the facilities, and make our holidays up on a daily basis or even hourly basis, when we visited Betws y coed, like at a lot of places we visit we just stumbled upon it.
It’s about time these local councils realised that banning us from car parks doesn’t send us to the local campsite, but just keeps us away from the town, which means other businesses to lose out

Last edited:
I suppose campsites are ok if you need the facilities that they provide and that you plan your holidays ahead,
Fortunately for us we don’t need the facilities, and make our holidays up on a daily basis or even hourly basis, when we visited Betws y coed, like at a lot of places we visit we just stumbled upon it.
It’s about time these local councils realised that banning us from car parks doesn’t send us to the local campsite, but just keeps us away from the town, which means other businesses to lose out

Most importantly Helen. When I handed over £12,000 in vat when buying my van, I was not aware that I had agreed to support anyone, let alone people who seek to treat me like some kind of problem to be dealt with. It’s up to you and I where we stay, not some local Welsh council, or anyone else who seeks to impose campsites on us.

Last edited:

It seems Councils Cant or wont accept that we wont use a campsite.A piece of expensive grass for a night.Most of us I would think make our holidays up as we go along changing our mind at the last minute.People towing caravans (silly them but each to their own)dont have a lot of choice so have to preplan.A motorhome/campervan gives one more freedom of choice.THATS WHY we buy them.

Most importantly Helen. When I handed over £12,000 in vat when buying my van, I was not aware that I had agreed to support anyone, let alone people who seek to treat me like some kind of problem to be dealt with. It’s up to you and I where we stay, not some local Welsh council, or anyone else who seeks to impose campsites on us.

Fisherman is your Motorhome cast in Gold? £12000 in Vat greedy government!Bet you could have used that 12k to buy some great add ons.

Beets-y-Code. Is that a secret signal you give to other beetroot lovers in a car park in the dead of night,indicating your interest in a clandestine meeting to discuss and indulge in beetroot related activity?

I thinks we have to accept that councils don't give a toss about our money

The site probably belongs to a councillor, it seems to be that way, after the welcome we will likely get from Wales after the near past and the attitude We will not go there for a long time , same with '**** off sign at Bodmin from the friendly natives recently.
Bet the local doggers do not pay to use it at night.

Or the profits of local businesses, they all seem to be very short sighted

It seems to be true that most Councils have a Councillor who he /she has many fingers in many pies i/e owns local Campsites and that is why they dont welcome Motorhomes Campervans to free park or overnight in their Car Parks.They think by putting up banning signs (some signs hold no water) that Motorhome owners will be forced into their Campsites.They are not concerned with other businesses but their own.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back