Bed frames for self builders

rejectfromtheSBMCC

I was looking at changing my fold out bed unit in my tranny for something more solid and I had a look at the Ikea bed settees, there are some very useable bed / sofas or just the bed/ sofa frames to be had, they appear to come in three widths.
Single, small double @ 142 CM wide and double @185 CM wide. The Length in bed form is 1.88CM.
The frames can be had on their own from £50 but one model comes complete with 4 inch thick cusions for only £79 the lot (The Exarby)
They are metal frames that fold out instantly from sofa to bed and appear to be ideal to bolt or weld to a van floor.
www.ikea.com
Can anyone please post this on the SBMCC site cos I think its worth sharing, unfortunately I am persona non grata and cant post squat over there.:)

The only slight prob to watch out for with everything to do with Ikea is that none of their items are the same size as everybody else. IE - If you wanted to get a fitted sheet for those beds you are tied to buying an Ikea sheet.
It's great if you buy into the whole concept of Ikea but if you then decide that you like the look of something else from a different manufacturer then there can be problems.

I got a complete R&R bed from Bluebird and got my units from Ikea.
I used wall units for base units and simply reinforced them with 2"x1"
Totalcost for units £65

Crackpot said:
I got a complete R&R bed from Bluebird and got my units from Ikea.
I used wall units for base units and simply reinforced them with 2"x1"
Totalcost for units £65

Got any images Crackpot?

van-1.jpg

Taken a week or two ago. The sink base and cooker+Fridge is now all piped up and working, still have one more unit to fit

It actually looks a bit better now, next job is to get the neighbour to lean against it whilst I test out the 240Volt electric !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back