Battery warranties!

By this time of day if.your charging system is up to much should be sitting at high 12'v even floating at 13.2 .
Sat in field 8 days in grey wet weather no hook up .tv on .
Buy 2 matched new batteries.

By this time of day if.your charging system is up to much should be sitting at high 12'v even floating at 13.2 .
Sat in field 8 days in grey wet weather no hook up .tv on .
Buy 2 matched new batteries.
Our solar is currently giving out a dismal 2.5w from our 120w panel on this overcast day, but should be much better when I fit the MPPT unit. Batteries at 12.2v now! 😳

Still 7 weeks to go before December 21st !!! and then another 7 before daylight returns to today's status
I suggest all 3 below are needed
Ps I am very good at spending money (provided it is not mine !)

Our solar is currently giving out a dismal 2.5w from our 120w panel on this overcast day, but should be much better when I fit the MPPT unit. Batteries at 12.2v now! 😳

You will need much more solar fir full timing .mppt will not improve it that much ..just my opinion.as a full-timer other than the odd week at base camp.

Just looked at my Solar Harvesting ... Right now it was 23W from a 460W array. just about right for time of year and location.
Over last 5 days, got an average of 200Wh/Day. That's around 18Ah which would not be close to the requirements of someone living full-time in a motorhome unless they like to live in the dark and quiet :)

Over last 5 days, got an average of 200Wh/Day. That's around 18Ah which would not be close to the requirements of someone living full-time in a motorhome unless they like to live in the dark and quiet :)
I like dark and quiet but a bit of a drive now and then should top up batts sufficient for low power use. I am working on improvements/upgrades though, Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey! 🙈🙉🙊

I like dark and quiet but a bit of a drive now and then should top up batts sufficient for low power use. I am working on improvements/upgrades though, Slowly, slowly, catchy monkey! 🙈🙉🙊
In winter time, THAT is the way to do it! between around mid-Oct to mid-Feb, I can get more back in my battery on a 20 minute drive then the >400W Solar Array will deliver in a full day. And in Dec/Jan, a 10 minute drive would do more!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back