Bailey 765 fuse location

Traveller

Help required finding the fuse location for the dropdown bed on my autograph 765. Bed went down as normal whilst away last week, straps a little slack so pressed up button (nothing no response) After checking internet I removed cupboard access panel, no fuse, removed box behind main fusebox under front seat still no fuse. Anybody out there with the knowledge!

Don't know IF this will help as it's the 540 BUT
"
The original location of the bed fuse was in the space behind the panel in the locker under the bed closest to the driver's seat, i.e. the locker that drops with the bed. There are four screws holding the panel in place. In later models Bailey moved the fuse and it is located close to the consumer panel - this is where it is in my 540. Our second night away on our first trip, the bed failed to drop - at this time I was unaware that the fuse had been moved so having investigated the panel and found the fuse not there I wound the bed down using an electric screwdriver. found the fuse the following day and replaced it 25amp. Bed worked without fault for the remainder of our time on site but following journey home it was found that the fuse had blown again. No idea why and so it is question for Bailey.
The wind-down screw is concealed under a blanking plug to the rear on the underside of the bed lockers on the driver's side. You need a socket to wind the bed down - when I tried this (before going away) the bed came down ok but trying to wind it up resulted in the hex nut unscrewing - fixed this with some loctite."

This was posted on another forum ........

The original location of the bed fuse was in the space behind the panel in the locker under the bed closest to the driver's seat, i.e. the locker that drops with the bed. There are four screws holding the panel in place. In later models Bailey moved the fuse and it is located close to the consumer panel - this is where it is in my 540. Our second night away on our first trip, the bed failed to drop - at this time I was unaware that the fuse had been moved so having investigated the panel and found the fuse not there I wound the bed down using an electric screwdriver. found the fuse the following day and replaced it 25amp. Bed worked without fault for the remainder of our time on site but following journey home it was found that the fuse had blown again. No idea why and so it is question for Bailey.
The wind-down screw is concealed under a blanking plug to the rear on the underside of the bed lockers on the driver's side. You need a socket to wind the bed down - when I tried this (before going away) the bed came down ok but trying to wind it up resulted in the hex nut unscrewing - fixed this with some loctite.

Don't know IF this will help as it's the 540 BUT
"
The wind-down screw is concealed under a blanking plug to the rear on the underside of the bed lockers on the driver's side. You need a socket to wind the bed down - when I tried this (before going away) the bed came down ok but trying to wind it up resulted in the hex nut unscrewing - fixed this with some loctite."
Thank you mistericeman I must have read your report on another forum as stated by Val54. Question; what do you mean by consumer panel? I've taken everything apart looking for this illusive fuse

I haven't seen a 765 in the flesh, but consumer panel would normally mean either the location where the mains consumer unit/rcd is situated, or its behind the panel over the hab door where the heater/utilities controls are.

Help required finding the fuse location for the dropdown bed on my autograph 765. Bed went down as normal whilst away last week, straps a little slack so pressed up button (nothing no response) After checking internet I removed cupboard access panel, no fuse, removed box behind main fusebox under front seat still no fuse. Anybody out there with the knowledge!
Hi there, you may want to join the Facebook Group "The Bailey Motorhome Owners Group" :

There are a lot of people in there with huge knowledge of Bailey M/homes, some of whom have built them. You will find it very informative and response times are excellent!

Hi there, you may want to join the Facebook Group "The Bailey Motorhome Owners Group" :

There are a lot of people in there with huge knowledge of Bailey M/homes, some of whom have built them. You will find it very informative and response times are excellent!
Lovely idea MaryF but I'm not a facebook fan, difficult enough using wildcamping

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back