Bad name

Yantyn

Motorhome owners who have ignored local overnight stay bans in Wallasey get us all a bad name. Like it or not, you cannot decide to ignore the law of the land and take the attitude of " Oh well, we'll just pay the penalty and stay anyway." If campers just go a mile down the road they can park closer to New Brighton. We drive past and wonder what makes these people tick. No wonder local people want restrictions when some campers feel they are entitled to do as they please. If there's an overnight ban...then...sorry...there's an overnight ban!

Motorhome owners who have ignored local overnight stay bans in Wallasey get us all a bad name. Like it or not, you cannot decide to ignore the law of the land and take the attitude of " Oh well, we'll just pay the penalty and stay anyway." If campers just go a mile down the road they can park closer to New Brighton. We drive past and wonder what makes these people tick. No wonder local people want restrictions when some campers feel they are entitled to do as they please. If there's an overnight ban...then...sorry...there's an overnight ban!

It appears that New Brighton has banned overnight stays too. Link

With only four exceptions, there is no record of local people wanting restrictions. (Source -https://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/documents/s50065321/Management%20of%20Campervans%20Scrutiny%20Review%20Appendix.pdf).
Council officials have found no evidence of environmental crimes. The ban can only be down to unjustified prejudice among those powerful enough to enact it.

EDit: https://democracy.wirral.gov.uk/documents/s50065321/Management of Campervans Scrutiny Review Appendix.pdf

Curious,whereabouts in Wallasey was this?

If you read the opening post again you will see that yantyn states "will give us all a bad name". That makes my little grey cells deduce that he/she is a Campervan/Motorhome owner.

I have always thought that being a Free member does not mean that their opinion is worthless. With some of the replies, I doubt the member will ever join as a Full member. In fact there are Full members whohave hundreds of posts on only one theme (a similar theme to that of yantyn).

And just for clarification, in my nearly 20 years of wildcamping, I have seen plenty of idiots giving us all a bad name. It was rare in the beginning and is far more common these days. It makes no difference whether they have a 20 year old ex GPO van or a brand new top of the range A Class, they are still scum.

If you read the opening post again you will see that yantyn states "will give us all a bad name". That makes my little grey cells deduce that he/she is a Campervan/Motorhome owner.

I have always thought that being a Free member does not mean that their opinion is worthless. With some of the replies, I doubt the member will ever join as a Full member. In fact there are Full members whohave hundreds of posts on only one theme (a similar theme to that of yantyn).

And just for clarification, in my nearly 20 years of wildcamping, I have seen plenty of idiots giving us all a bad name. It was rare in the beginning and is far more common these days. It makes no difference whether they have a 20 year old ex GPO van or a brand new top of the range A Class, they are still scum.

Oh Jim, Jim, Jim. I feel the mud sticking.:cry:;)

Last edited:
You're preaching to the converted Yantyn. The overwhelming consensus on this forum is that we obey the rules and are very much against those who don't. All our members try to be good ambassadors for motorhomers everywhere in an attempt to counter all the misinformation and ignorance that gets flung our way because of random selfish motorhome/campervan owners.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back