Back at last.

Obanboy666

Just collected my motorhome from the dealer, new tablet control panel fitted and all looks good. The new panel took 12 days to arrive from France which wasn’t to bad.
They did an oil and filter change as a gesture of goodwill so well pleased. It’s only done 4,000 miles but I was going to get it changed at 5,000 miles and mentioned it to the service manager so that’s saved me a few quid. I have to say Robsons the Pilote dealer at Wolsingham are first class and in a different league to leisure World Group or Catterick Caravans as they used to be called from who I bought my Swift rot box a few years ago.
I'm feeling fairly reasonable at present and have until next Thursday free before I‘m in Hospital for investigations into my heart problems so may well head out for a few days to the lakes.

Ditto 666: good to hear of your good experience with Robsons. We are also very happy with Oaktree of Nottingham where we bought the Burstner. It's only fair to thumb up the good guys when the experience is positive, it is all to easy to thumb down company's these days and I have done a few!
Best wishes on the heart investigations, from a fellow dicky tickerer.

Im beginning to wondr if we should have bought our Bessacar ???

I think that we were initially in honeymoon period then got usual issues when the van is actually in use and not sat on the drive. But we are like teenagers with first car and just love it because we don't have a comparison and we don't have the funds to upgrade. We borrowed my mothers brand new panel van conversion but I wouldn't swop my bessacar for that as is more roomy. Its human nature how I see the word Bessacar in the context of shxx and I cant help worrying...

Ours was a 412 model, it rattled horrendously and handled horribly, although that improved when we fitted air suspension. You may well be lucky, you might have the one that Swift didn't make!😉
If you are enjoying it all the best to you, I hope you have many happy times in it.

Just collected my motorhome from the dealer, new tablet control panel fitted and all looks good. The new panel took 12 days to arrive from France which wasn’t to bad.
They did an oil and filter change as a gesture of goodwill so well pleased. It’s only done 4,000 miles but I was going to get it changed at 5,000 miles and mentioned it to the service manager so that’s saved me a few quid. I have to say Robsons the Pilote dealer at Wolsingham are first class and in a different league to leisure World Group or Catterick Caravans as they used to be called from who I bought my Swift rot box a few years ago.
I'm feeling fairly reasonable at present and have until next Thursday free before I‘m in Hospital for investigations into my heart problems so may well head out for a few days to the lakes.

Pleased you are happy with your repair and free oil change.
And I hope your heart problems are sorted Oban boy.
and enjoy the lakes nice part of England.
I have to defend catterick caravans though. They are still catterick caravans but part of the leisure world group, no changes there. I recently had a door frame replaced by them, and I was delighted with what they did and how I was treated. Next summer they are doing a free service, and taking us through to Richmond and bringing us back when it has been finished. I suppose you have to treat dealers as you find them.

Pleased you are happy with your repair and free oil change.
And I hope your heart problems are sorted Oban boy.
and enjoy the lakes nice part of England.
I have to defend catterick caravans though. They are still catterick caravans but part of the leisure world group, no changes there. I recently had a door frame replaced by them, and I was delighted with what they did and how I was treated. Next summer they are doing a free service, and taking us through to Richmond and bringing us back when it has been finished. I suppose you have to treat dealers as you find them.
It’s 5 years since I bought from them and it sounds like things have improved going off your recent experience which is good news.

This is diametrically opposed to the experience of a friend of mine whose Roller team has had a major issue since new. The lack of progress with the same company has led to the matter now being placed in the hands of trading standards and solicitors.
I shall not elaborate on the details, although I did allude to them in another thread. Dealers can be good in their dealings or bad, but it is the consistently good dealer that is worth sticking with.

Davy

This is diametrically opposed to the experience of a friend of mine whose Roller team has had a major issue since new. The lack of progress with the same company has led to the matter now being placed in the hands of trading standards and solicitors.
I shall not elaborate on the details, although I did allude to them in another thread. Dealers can be good in their dealings or bad, but it is the consistently good dealer that is worth sticking with.

Davy

Davy,

soon after delivery I noticed that my hab door had a gap at the top.
it turned out that roller team had not fitted the frame properly.
As I live north of Glasgow, catterick caravans offered to send up two of their staff in order to drive my Motorhome down there for repair. But as I did not fancy someone else driving my van over 350 miles being the return distance, I opted to spend a night in the travel lodge at catterick garrison. Catterick caravans are now servicing my Motorhome next year FOC, and roller team are covering the next three years hab servicing FOC. When the work was completed I was delighted with the standard of workmanship, and the manner in which I was treated throughout.
I ran a small business for years and I gave 99% customer satisfaction, so much so that I did not need to advertise for work, relying on word of mouth from satisfied customers. But I had a few who were not satisfied and they made a lot more noise than those who were. satisfied, that’s the nature of the beast.

As I said previously I can only give an honest opinion. Possibly I have been fortunate, and your friend less so.

It possibly comes down to how much the repair costs, the associated costs, the degree of difficulty and other factors. The van in question needs a whole side due to either delamination or warping which must have been obvious to the technicians who fitted the awning pre delivery. The dealer did initially undertake to deal with the problem. The van was delivered to them from N. Ireland, so costs of ferries, fuel, time and accommodation soon add up. The van sat in their compound for, I think, three weeks before being needed by the owner for a prebooked holiday. They had been assured that the van would be ready before the deadline. The van did not move from the spot that the owner parked it in their yard. Since then there has been a reluctance to sort the issue and of course it has escalated. I don’t wish to elucidate further as it seems to be heading for litigation.

Davy

Im beginning to wondr if we should have bought our Bessacar ???

I think that we were initially in honeymoon period then got usual issues when the van is actually in use and not sat on the drive. But we are like teenagers with first car and just love it because we don't have a comparison and we don't have the funds to upgrade. We borrowed my mothers brand new panel van conversion but I wouldn't swop my bessacar for that as is more roomy. Its human nature how I see the word Bessacar in the context of shxx and I cant help worrying...

You are not the only one who has bought a Swift. I suppose it's all the free bits that does it and of course the Uk spec with the hob with the electric ring. We enjoyed our Swift Bolero to start with but then realised that the Dealers after sales was sadly lacking. They insisted on a photo shoot where you took the vehicle in at an agreed time ( NOT Saturday or Sunday ) only to sit and wait a couple of hours while they found the camera and discussed what was wrong. You then went away and waited for them to get back to you when the repairs had been approved by Swift and any parts ordered had been delivered. In the end I just screwed it back together myself and took the Dealer to the Small Claims Court.

Second one we bought was a Pilote 716 :mad: Again a rubbish and condesending after sales dept and troubles with the electrics from day one with all the side marker lights on and no way of turning them off and a Project 2000 version 1 electric bed which would refuse to go up or come down or one side would move and the other wouldn't. The Service Manager actually suggested that perhaps we were not operating the bed correctly and was the vehicle perfectly level both fore and aft and side to side using the floor as the reference point. Well we all know that wild camping spots are never level and Motorhomes are always higher at the back than the front.

So we bought a Laika .. :):):):) 4 years of bliss.

It possibly comes down to how much the repair costs, the associated costs, the degree of difficulty and other factors. The van in question needs a whole side due to either delamination or warping which must have been obvious to the technicians who fitted the awning pre delivery. The dealer did initially undertake to deal with the problem. The van was delivered to them from N. Ireland, so costs of ferries, fuel, time and accommodation soon add up. The van sat in their compound for, I think, three weeks before being needed by the owner for a prebooked holiday. They had been assured that the van would be ready before the deadline. The van did not move from the spot that the owner parked it in their yard. Since then there has been a reluctance to sort the issue and of course it has escalated. I don’t wish to elucidate further as it seems to be heading for litigation.

Davy

Sounds like a new van should have been offered.
generally speaking I am delighted with the standards of workmanship on my Pegaso 590. The door frame to date being the only issue. Also I have met another two owners who are both trouble free on the hab side. But one owner had problems with fiat on the mechanical side. Real shame about your mate, a terrible position to be in.

Thank feck i built my own van,id hate to go back to myself with a list of complaints. 😇

@ busylizzy I have come to the conclusion that the quality of some vans is as variable as the quality of dealer! Doesn't help buyers. If you are enjoying your van and it has no issues, don't let bad reports spoil your enjoyment.
Obanboy666 hope the hospital goes ok, enjoy your trip and the van.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back