Aye Beach tonight

royh28

Ayr beach tonight, about six camper vans and motorhomes parked up for the night.All quite except for the odd boy racer with music thumping away. No that's not Pauline exercising on the beach.😄🌈🦄
16558383558636618622584699748176.jpg
16558383558636618622584699748176.jpg

First time at Girvan beach. £10 per night. Plenty of garbage and recycling bins, emptied daily. Cost through pay by phone includes code for imaculate toilets and showers. No grey or chemical waste points available. Would come back again.🌈🦄😄

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_104621.jpg
    IMG_20220623_104621.jpg
    582.5 KB · Views: 73
Doing well Gordon, under the circumstances, both of us need hip and knee replacements and are racked with pain in our backs. ( Well you did ask. ) Still managing to keep our sense of humour.

Hope you and Fi are doing well🌈🦄👍

Correction about chemical waste disposal tripped over this unit on the way back from the showers.
The water from the tap next to showers is not drinkable, but there is a tap in the fisherman's store facing the harbour which is drinkable.

Attachments

• IMG_20220623_144906.jpg
    IMG_20220623_144906.jpg
    888.8 KB · Views: 83
Hi Roy as a Girvan resident and motorhomer there are chemical waste facilities on site...........awk just see from ya picture you've found them.
Have a great wee night and you should get a guid sunset down there the night. Enjoy pal

Roy good to see you two out and about. Nice down Ayrshire way especially now they have a few nice motorhome stops but remember the schools finished up today so next week it’ll be bedlam enjoy👍

Thanks aracaris, great sunset but home now. Justout a couple of days out to make sure we have not forgotten how to enjoy our selves.😁 Will definitely be back to Girvan.🦄🌈
Hi Roy as a Girvan resident and motorhomer there are chemical waste facilities on site...........awk just see from ya picture you've found them.
Have a great wee night and you should get a guid sunset down there the night. Enjoy pal

Hi Wully, just a test run to try out the van for the summer. Trying to get out more this year.
Hope you and the gang are all well.😁🌈🦄
Roy good to see you two out and about. Nice down Ayrshire way especially now they have a few nice motorhome stops but remember the schools finished up today so next week it’ll be bedlam enjoy👍

Correction about chemical waste disposal tripped over this unit on the way back from the showers.
The water from the tap next to showers is not drinkable, but there is a tap in the fisherman's store facing the harbour which is drinkable.
We found three of these waste disposal points when we were in the Ayrshire last month, the one pictured, one on the Ayr promenade stop and one on the Troon cost carpark near Morrisons, very handy. We also found the tap at the fishermans huts on the harbour and the tap on the side of the toilet block at Ardrossan south beach, also very handy.

We found three of these waste disposal points when we were in the Ayrshire last month, the one pictured, one on the Ayr promenade stop and one on the Troon cost carpark near Morrisons, very handy. We also found the tap at the fishermans huts on the harbour and the tap on the side of the toilet block at Ardrossan south beach, also very handy.
I cannot see these on the WC map would be good to know exactly where for one of our next trips down that way, been many years.

I cannot see these on the WC map would be good to know exactly where for one of our next trips down that way, been many years.
I don't know if they would be worth posting on the map because they are not permanent features, but as in Royh28's photo if you pull up on the 3 carparks listed you cannot miss them, 10ft long x 6ft wide x 2 ft high bright blue surrounded by temporary fencing. they are at the POI at Ayr, Givan and Troon.

I've just looked at my own address and the three words suggest that if i was a tugger in stead of a motorhomer I would be wealth, so that's where I've gone wrong.:rolleyes:

I don't know if they would be worth posting on the map because they are not permanent features, but as in Royh28's photo if you pull up on the 3 carparks listed you cannot miss them, 10ft long x 6ft wide x 2 ft high bright blue surrounded by temporary fencing. they are at the POI at Ayr, Givan and Troon.
The locations at both Ayr and Girvan are shown on the POI map as "AC", which by convention means that this is a chargeable aire, "aire" denoting an overnighting location with service facilities. The Streetview of AC Ayr clearly shows the water bowser and toilet waste disposal facility (which may not have been the same colour in 2021 as it is in 2022). The authorities do not mention this year the existence of a water bowser at Ayr, so they may have decided to double the charges for supply of half the facilities.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back