Avtex tv

janj

Help please 🙂 we last used the Avtex tv about September, we had no signal so put in a dvd. Plugged it in yesterday to find we can only get the dvd screen. Changed batteries in remote control nothing, unplugged and plugged again nothing. If I press the source button, a choice comes up but when I press select no response. I gave gone through the book but I can't see anything that helps yo get it back to tv. Any suggestions? 😊

Ring Avtex they are very helpful mine went funny after 2 years and they talked me through the problem as it was an easy fix and they sent me a new remote free of charge.
Sounds like a faulty remote. They replaced ours for free. The select button is used a lot and would be one of first to go faulty. Have you tried controls on rear of tv. Also get a pen and try pressing button with that.

I think the remote IS the problem. I will get in touch with Avtex as soon as we are back home. Thank you for your help👍😃

To check buttons on a TV remote are working, start the camera app on your smartphone (assuming you have one), and looking at the screen whilst pointing the remote at the camera. You should see a light come on the screen even though you can't see it directly.
Check various buttons light up to test this process works and then check the "select" button so see if that lights up.

(PS. this is for the typical IR Remotes, not wireless ones. The Avtex is IR so should be checkable)

Help please 🙂 we last used the Avtex tv about September, we had no signal so put in a dvd. Plugged it in yesterday to find we can only get the dvd screen. Changed batteries in remote control nothing, unplugged and plugged again nothing. If I press the source button, a choice comes up but when I press select no response. I gave gone through the book but I can't see anything that helps yo get it back to tv. Any suggestions? 😊
Our Avtex TV has some function buttons replicated on the rear of the TV, do you not have anything similar?
IMG_20220122_221134.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back