August - Southern Isles of Scotland Trip

billymuffin

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone can give us some tips of where to go after the Isle of Arran as we have 7 days where we wish to explore the beautiful southern Isles of Scotland.

Many thanks

Andy

I assume you will be heading over from Lochranza to Claonaig, and Ardnamurchan. You will find lots of places on the pois on here, and many more besides. Many of the roads are single track, but with plenty of passing places.

On Arran you can use the free elsan points at whiting bay, and blackwaterfoot. They are both situated behind the toilets in both villages. You can also get water at both, but blackwaterfoot has a tap outside making it easier. There are also taps in Brodick across from the crazy putting by the shore, and at Lochranza across from the coop on the grassy area. The toilets are run and paid for by the local villages. They ask for a donation, we always leave £5, but that’s our choice to do so. The campsite in Lamlash will allow you to use their elsan point, and take on fresh water if you ask. They ask for a donation to a local charity.

I assume you will be heading over from Lochranza to Claonaig, and Ardnamurchan. You will find lots of places on the pois on here, and many more besides. Many of the roads are single track, but with plenty of passing places.

On Arran you can use the free elsan points at whiting bay, and blackwaterfoot. They are both situated behind the toilets in both villages. You can also get water at both, but blackwaterfoot has a tap outside making it easier. There are also taps in Brodick across from the crazy putting by the shore, and at Lochranza across from the coop on the grassy area. The toilets are run and paid for by the local villages. They ask for a donation, we always leave £5, but that’s our choice to do so. The campsite in Lamlash will allow you to use their elsan point, and take on fresh water if you ask. They ask for a donation to a local charity.
Many thanks for your very useful info and I will certainly be looking at these.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back