Ardrossan ferry anyone?

Skipper and his crew earns their money yesterday, I wonder how many vehicles got damaged ? A cacophony of car alarms going off I bet

When I put my boat on Brokerage with Sunbird yachts I berthed it in Ardrossan for a few months as there office was there, there were traffic light system for leaving the marina as the ferry used to come in at some speed and bank over, even if the wind was not strong, it used to heal over. There used to be quite a bit of swell at times leaving the marina, much preferred Larg's as you had shelter from westerly's due to the position of Cumbrae.

I am surprised it sailed into Ardrossan at all in that. Normally if its really bad it goes to Gourock as Ardrossan is quite exposed.

Cant beat a bit of a rough sail though. Great fun!

He should have stayed out and pointed her into wind,i sat on belfast bound ferry 8 hrs in force 9,toilets were unusable and up to the doors in what looked like oxtail soup,stink told me different. :unsure:

I am surprised it sailed into Ardrossan at all in that. Normally if its really bad it goes to Gourock as Ardrossan is quite exposed.

Cant beat a bit of a rough sail though. Great fun!

I think that this is what ruled Gourock out.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back