Applecross

Anyone stopped at Appelcross??

Many times it's a great place. I have a private permission there so I don't wildcamp though.

There is a site close to Applecross near the bottom of the Bealach Na Ba but I would imagine it would be very busy at this time of year.

Applecross is a great place to go in Winter.

Yup stopped on the campsite a couple of years back...

Spots on the grass area above the beach are now blocked with large blocks of stone, now from memory due to folks leaving the place in a state as usual.

Nice WC (Cuaig Highland) to the North of Applecross in a car parky bit overlooking Skye - I saw a submarine come up that loch when I was parked up there a couple of years ago! Other options along there too.:)

Many times it's a great place. I have a private permission there so I don't wildcamp though.

There is a site close to Applecross near the bottom of the Bealach Na Ba but I would imagine it would be very busy at this time of year.

Applecross is a great place to go in Winter.
I agree Rob, great place to visit in winter.
Applecross is a lovely place, but it’s popularity in summer months has spoilt it for me. And some of the locals detest mohos, particularly during summer months.
There are some stunning places in that part of scotland which are much quieter and in summer much more rewarding. But beware of the midges another reason why we avoid the west coast during the midge season.

Was there 2 weeks ago and heaving with cars and motorhomes.
I stopped at Toscaig pier 2 1/2 miles farther south as I always do and had a peaceful 2 nights. There was a small caravan there 2 nights and 1 motorhome for 1 night.

With the pub on left side of bay there is /was a free spot on the right side of the bay. ( campsite field gets waterlogged so booking is required at certain times)
As said boulders have been put on pub side

We did the NC500 in September 2018 in The Raptor and had the Trike in Tow, we did Applecross on the Trike….absolutely amazing
DB754AB0-D308-4D02-A021-F214FC31B8B1.jpeg

By The Applecross Bothy
65F91CBA-72A4-40AF-B694-578F87133A28.jpeg

Our travelling setup to get up to the NC500 after Thunder in the Glens in Aviemore from Hertfordshire

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back