Anything else?

suneye

Have my digital covid pass and paper one ordered! Ordered my new uk stickers for number plate and van. Taken out all meat and dairy products. Passport renewed. What else? anyone travelled in the EU in the last month or so? What was your experience?

Think some countries require 1 or sometimes 2 warning triangles and some require a high vis vest, sure there will be a website out there that lists all the car kit required to get past any anti Brit copper having a bad day. Headlights sorted?

The UK stickers are only required from September, can't remember the exact date. Till then you'll need GB stickers.

Edit: 28 September.

You need a fluorescent vest for each occupant of your vehicle and a spare set of bulbs as well as your warning triangle. Make sure you have your insurance and licence with you whenever you are driving ( you don’t get a “producer” in France), and drive on the right.
Remove any speed camera alerts from your satnav, ( because speed camera warnings are illegal in many EU countries) and dash cams are also illegal in some.

Alongside your insurance you need a green card. Your insurance provider should give you this FOC.

It used to be a requirement that it was printed on green paper but I think that bit has been relaxed now so you can print it at home if emailed to you.

Health insurance? Thought green card was no longer needed, but could be mistaken. Photos of vehicle documentation and personal documentation stored electronically somewhere ( I sent myself an email with attachments, and also on Norton password manager) and originals in a safe place in vehicle.
Sun cream (;)) Bottle opener/ corkscrew, box of useful tools and quick fix stuff Inc gaffer tape, spare key.....have fun!

I was thinking about new stuff brexit and pandemic related but these are all good reminders thanks. In all the tests and certificates it would be easy to forget something basic and important.

Health insurance? Thought green card was no longer needed, but could be mistaken.

Yes definitely still needed but doesn't have to be green anymore.

Its IDP's that aren't needed now (unless you have a n old paper licence or have a licence issued in the Channel islands or IOM.

Incase of breakdown, puncture etc, in Spain you can use a flashing yellow beacon instead of warning triangle. (y) Oh, and watch out for the new speed limits.

There are some new stickers in France for ,I think, vehicles over 3.5 ton. Argeles Morts or maybe blind spot stickers. May not be legal requirement till next year ? Not sure . Seen vans with them on so put some on ours

There are some new stickers in France for ,I think, vehicles over 3.5 ton. Argeles Morts or maybe blind spot stickers. May not be legal requirement till next year ? Not sure . Seen vans with them on so put some on ours

Have my digital covid pass and paper one ordered! Ordered my new uk stickers for number plate and van. Taken out all meat and dairy products. Passport renewed. What else? anyone travelled in the EU in the last month or so? What was your experience?
Can we not take dairy and meat in to France now?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back