Anybody seen or used this.

No but I fail to see how it could work better than the stuff thats already out there for free like Search for sites etc. This is the first time I have done a long UK summer trip (I know its not summer anymore but Im still going) and I found that site had just about everything on it and of course this one with the wild spots in the POI. As far as I can tell there are very few Aires in the UK and when they do crop up they will be out in the public domain quick enough and on established sites like Search for sites so why would I subscribe to this site? There are others I uses for mainland Europe also which are all well established and of course free. What do they have to offer?

FWIW, I'm scratching my head here. Not only do you have to pay £2.99 per months / £6.99 per quarter / £19.99 per year but also you have to pay £15 per night for somewhere with no facilities other than somewhere to park. I really have to ask why I'd want to do that when I'm a member of both the CMC and CCC and both have established networks of certified locations/sites for about the same nightly fee. TBH, it makes just the pub stops listed here seem like excellent value for money!

My go to one is WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN too Barry even in France it worked a treat. I just came across this one messing around. I’ve used the pois from here too. Think with all the recent upsurge in motorhome ownership there’s gonna be new stuff popping up.

FWIW, I'm scratching my head here. Not only do you have to pay £2.99 per months / £6.99 per quarter / £19.99 per year but also you have to pay £15 per night for somewhere with no facilities other than somewhere to park. I really have to ask why I'd want to do that when I'm a member of both the CMC and CCC and both have established networks of certified locations/sites for about the same nightly fee. TBH, it makes just the pub stops listed here seem like excellent value for money!

I could be wrong but perhaps its just someone else jumping on the motorhoming boom bandwagon. Newbies may well sign up for it. The CL I am on right now is lovely. EHU, water and waste, great views. £13 a night. Why anyone would pay £15 a night for a car park with no facilities is beyond me.

Problem is this sort of thing will probably cause some of the cheaper sites to raise their prices. I know I was surprised that the cl I use whenever passing was still £5 a night this year. I did say so to Norman the owner and he said why would he increase the price :)
Believe it or not he gets folks call to ask the price then ask if the fiver includes EHU 😂😂😂

Problem is this sort of thing will probably cause some of the cheaper sites to raise their prices. I know I was surprised that the cl I use whenever passing was still £5 a night this year. I did say so to Norman the owner and he said why would he increase the price :)
Believe it or not he gets folks call to ask the price then ask if the fiver includes EHU 😂😂😂

I can remember about ten years ago a CL near Exeter that was just £6 a night including EHU. Mind you the farmers field we used to use at Christmas until a couple of years ago only charged us £7 and let us hook up to his house electric.

Some of the CL sites we have been on during this trip though have been £20 a night which I think is pushing it a bit for a CL. I talked to the owner of Stybeck Farm CL at Thirlmere the other day where it was £15 a night but she said she is putting her prices up to £20 for the winter as her electric bill goes through the roof and she had to ban awnings in winter as she had witnessed people going out and leaving fan heaters going all day in the awnings to dry out wet gear :( I guess sadly we can expect big hikes in the not too distant future with electric prices sky rocketing.

The one I use a fair bit is just outside Chesterfield on the Buxton/Manchester road. It is in fact the reason I joined C&MC, I thought it was CCC of which I was a member but felt guilty when I realised it was different. Lol

When S4Sites started I was very condemning. What I witnessed working on a campsite this year was people are happy to pay big prices. The connivence of this site will be the draw, all online.
Driving the NC500 in September the campsites where packed, free park ups and donation stops not so.

When S4Sites started I was very condemning. What I witnessed working on a campsite this year was people are happy to pay big prices. The connivence of this site will be the draw, all online.
Driving the NC500 in September the campsites where packed, free park ups and donation stops not so.

Interesting. If you ever read the depressing facebook pages of "NC500 the Land Weeps" you would think there were motorhomes everywhere parked in peoples front gardens.

September does seem to be a manic month for motorhomes. I always thought that in France. There is a lull at the end of August then by the second week in September it goes bonkers. August I found was much quieter than September. Arran and South Western Scotland were awash with motorhomes, its one reason we left. Well that and we were running out of places to go. The Lake District not so much although riding along the far shore of Ullswater yesterday the campsites are very busy for half term.

This summer (well nearly winter now) at times has reminded me of being in France somewhere like Brittany! There is definitely a need for more stopovers I would say.

We where expecting chaos but not so yes it was busy but we had a few views on our own ;)

So paid 2.99 to have a look only 52 stops at the moment mostly pubs ! So your £15 pounds gets you the parking only noticed a few charge extra for services ?

I had a run in with them at the Lincoln show. Its a competitor to Britstops. They are trying to get paid for freely available information and signing up gullible places.

I find S4S good too, but that the pois here tend to give the best chance of an unaccompanied location.
We just did 2 weeks in the Highlands. Looked on S4S quite a bit but found myself using the TomTom Camper with WC poi's downloaded onto it. Worked a treat.
We popped onto a small CS for an overnight to replenish and escape some high winds for a couple of nights. But other than that it was Wild Camping POI's all the way.

Anybody who calls holidaying in the UK a staycation, shouldn't expect anyone to read any further.
A holiday in the UK is......a holiday.
Staying at home for your annual ( or other holiday) is .... a staycation.
The clue is in the word....

But, pedantry aside, it just sounds like someone trying to make money out of something that isn't necessary, but, I am sure there are mugs out there who don't know any better and will join up....and be disappointed.

I am surprised by this thread. I once posted a question about WEBSITE BLOCKED BY ADMIN asking people's views and it got taken down. I was told because it was a competitive site, so????

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back