Android app to draw a camper electrics wiring diagram?

Derekoak

Can anybody recommend a good android app to draw a camper electrics wiring diagram?

Work it out in your head as you go, if not good at electrics best let someone else do the job after telling them what you want where.

Always useful to have a diagram of your installation to be able to reference against while cabling and check back to if adapting or troubleshooting.

Can't answer the question as no idea. FWIW I use MS Visio for my wiring diagrams.

I have looked but did not find anything. On the PC the best option was MS Visio. You can get the 2019 version for £20. I also found an open source product but visio is worth the extra.

I build each bit in sections which means if there is a problem it can be removed or fixed without knocking out other bits, work out what you require and measure the runs, and add a bit to allow for cutting or breakages, yes easy to do on a pc I'm sure but I can do much faster on paper with colored markers.

I would go with the Autodesk Sketchbook. They have many years of making Autocad programs and I have found them easy to work with. In fact if I was to design something (which I no longer do) I would start with my ancient version of Autodesk Autosketch because I can rough out a design in a few minutes then transfer the ideas to either Autocad Lite or the full Autocad program to finish it off properly.

If you check out the Autosketch website and open the short video, you will see that it could be a useful tool for layouts in selfbuilds.

Watched them making the wiring looms for Pilote when we visited the factory. All very neat and wires wrapped together. Loads of different colours. There has to be a few hundred feet of cable by the time they are finished. Every end is marked so easy to fit.

I use MS Visio for my wiring diagrams - works well but takes a while to fully learn

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back