Amazon prime scam

delicagirl

Amazon are getting very sneaky with this prime lark..... i VERY nearly got caught out and accidentally bought this premium monthly payment service before i realised just in time... swines..... read the ordering pages very carefully if you have not ordered in a while...
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

delicagirl

i like the "Good morning our records show that.." "Your records are wrong dont ring me again" #SLAM

maingate

Stopped using Amazon now. There was a glitch and I could not log in. It was very difficult to get it sorted with them so I just gave up. Half the stuff on their site is fake anyway.

ricc

Stopped using Amazon now. There was a glitch and I could not log in. It was very difficult to get it sorted with them so I just gave up. Half the stuff on their site is fake anyway. ive had the same, not used it for a while, tried to log on , they want to send a one time password to verify the account, its valid for 10 mins from when sent, arrives in my in box about 12 hours later. the call centre can send me emails that arrive instantly but the passwords are sent from somewhere else, theyve got no other suggestions on a fix. wont/cant confirm whether theyve changed my password wont/cant try sending an email to an alternate email account

mjvw

Because i always forget passwords. email address etc i started using a password manager as every password i use is unique This has drastically reduced the reset password request so i feel more in control, I have always use Amazon and have to date no issue with product quality or customer service. However I know their will be exception. Paypal scam emails are also getting very sophisticated now, the call to phone saying "problems with account please dial one for help are also on the increase, your the connected to a premium rate number and your account charged accordingly.

Tezza33

I have never had a problem with Amazon, I have Amazon Prime (some good programmes on prime tv) delivery is quick and free, I always check prices elsewhere but Amazon usually comes out top if you facture in P&P, returns are free if you tick the right box and don't just say you have changed your mind, I had to phone customer service once and they rang me straight back and dealt with my question. Spam phone calls are only going to get worse so we all have to be careful

trevskoda

Because i always forget passwords. email address etc i started using a password manager as every password i use is unique This has drastically reduced the reset password request so i feel more in control, I have always use Amazon and have to date no issue with product quality or customer service. However I know their will be exception. Paypal scam emails are also getting very sophisticated now, the call to phone saying "problems with account please dial one for help are also on the increase, your the connected to a premium rate number and your account charged accordingly. If someone gets into that server or you store them on a windows pc then you are asking for trouble,store passwords on a two double ended pen drives and keep them hidden,you can use thes type on pc & smart phones.

mjvw

Good point, however i would never store on a pc or in the cloud, i would place on encrypted usb drive and have a backup on another drive, after use run powershell command to clear the clipboard that can collect a lot of copy and paste data.

caledonia

My wife bought a pair of binoculars from amazon which were crap and not what was advertised and sent them back and was unknowingly sold amazon prime in the process. After a bit of a heated phone call they cancelled it an refunded her money.

GWAYGWAY

I had it for a year without knowing it and they were taking the payment until I saw them there on my bank account. I complained and they refunded me the lot. I hadn't touched anything or bought anything. I got caught again and cancelled the sale until I worked out how to get back out of prime.

trevskoda

Yep amazon caught my wife one but got a full refund,it happened after she bought a tablet for kids,so next time my 8 year old son played a game it ask for payment for points which he loaded and amazon lifted the money of wifes c card,wife then removed all card details from amazon for good, clearly they were breaking the law and in my eyes theft as sons tab was in his name not wifes.

mariesnowgoose

Maybe we should all go see this? Will make you think twice about using companies like Amazon. It's a sick, sick world we are living in and companies like Amazon are big contributors to that sickness. Ask yourself just how much you need whatever it is you're after and, if you really can't live without it, can you get it a more ethical way? Just sayin'...

R0B

Maybe we should all go see this? Will make you think twice about using companies like Amazon. It's a sick, sick world we are living in and companies like Amazon are big contributors to that sickness. Ask yourself just how much you need whatever it is you're after and, if you really can't live without it, can you get it a more ethical way? Just sayin'... Looks like a good film - if it's like I, Daniel Blake it'll be a tough watch.

mariesnowgoose

Looks like a good film - if it's like I, Daniel Blake it'll be a tough watch. It's years since I've been to the cinema, but I might make the effort to go see this. Yes, it is a tough watch apparently. My sister said it left the audience where she went to see it in stunned silence at the end. She had to restrain herself from shouting out "So, I suppose you'll all still be voting tory then?!" 😉 😝 😁 FYI: she lives in a tory stronghold, surrounded by a solid sea of red 😜😂

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:177)

Mandoman, oppy, Dogeared, iampatman, TeamRienza, Adria home, Wooie1958, ricc, Justjack, R0B, tripper, POI Admin, Obanboy666, dunfillin, GreggBear, Nabsim, Edina, ajb70, r4dent, delicagirl, Alberto, Nidge, caledonia, Asterix, Linda, ian1950, st3v3, mrdon, jerrycan, harrow, bobemmo29, maingate, sinner, Bigbaz, trevskoda, phillybarbour, helmit, Biggarmac, kevlakes, timatabsa, ironman, mid4did, saxonborg, Livotlout, Andysm, Haaamster, smg, Goggles, izwozral, jeanette, rugbyken, mikejay, GinaRon, AdriaTwin, keith49, Somerled, yorkslass, mjvw, groyne, Tezza33, REC, n brown, mofish, PawneePilot, jeffmossy, britcoms, bartman, 2cv, Fazerloz, owlcat, Taurian, time4t, Mrs Mossy, mygrassisblue, kensowerby, toasty, Bigshug, gaffer, hmssnake, helen262, jacquigem, andromeda, wildebus, Floydster, 5andy, TonyBrown1948, jagmanx, JVG, Nemos Dad, sparrks, rustydog, GWAYGWAY, mariesnowgoose, Martin P, Geeky Philip, bilbo, Hycon, Farman, Alan1951, Victor, korky, barge1914, Sharon the Cat, Ian and Cath, tadpole58, Private, flav, londontavern, vanmandan, Fragle, in h, Android, andglor, ATwin, Wully, Steve and Julie, davep10000, landoboguy, Markd, Cally One, chrisjones18, Debroos, campervanannie, mickymost, bernv, COCKY, Mr B, DTDOG, denmar, tilly, Moonraker 2, ozzy1955, Flatcap, sukiemem, bazzybabes, BusyLizzy, s4x4c, russking1, FiltheFluter, pondhoppers, Snapster, guerdeval, lenmcd, peecee, gid7, Caro, ScoTTyBEEE, Greengrass, runnach, clarkpeacock, 2Coops, AP17DHL, UFO, Shockingdog, Jo001, sasquatch, ton27, Monkeybrand, Fitzy, Val54, floatingaround, Steve.H, rabW, ovalball, GeoffL, yorkshireCPLE, noah and nelly, doglover1, Budgie, belbri, defender, ChrisInNotts, Norad60, Roy Laura, flying kipper, birder, trogger,