Amazon black friday deals on 'noco boosts'

Tookey

Looks like most of the range are approximately 30% off ENDS AT MIDNIGHT

Here is one to get you there. large range available for your engine size

Last edited:
I know nothing about that particular brand, but I have a Lithium Starter Booster and it is a world apart from the old style jump start packs. The above sounds worth checking out :)

I know nothing about that particular brand, but I have a Lithium Starter Booster and it is a world apart from the old style jump start packs. The above sounds worth checking out :)
I have the GB50 and am very happy and did a fair amount of research before buying, our local garage uses one, has started our 2.5 diesel a few times without needing an additional charge (used it yesterday to charge our phones and tablet during the power cut as well)

At the mot last night a chap with a VW golf died 3 cars back from the shutter door, a chap produced a small starter pack and hooked it up, turned the engine just about once and died, we gave him a push but still no go, poor sod said a new battery had been fitted 2 weeks back, I informed him did they not test the alt output, blank face, they never learn.

I have something similar, they are pretty amazing bits of kits, multiple jump starts on my Cerbera and a good emergency DC packs for phones etc.
I think from memory mine is only about 18aH in total though.

They will just about turn a small car over if the battery is just a tad below power, as for a battery that's coo coo, forget it, if they were that good the AA/RAC would carry them, they don't over here, I have seen three tried and not one any use so far, I shall hold buying one for now.

Trev, assuming your battery is just flat and not shorted then these little packs will jump start it. I have used them on numerous cars, Minor-Cerbera-Kodiaq and they work, that is first hand experience not anecdote.

Trev, assuming your battery is just flat and not shorted then these little packs will jump start it. I have used them on numerous cars, Minor-Cerbera-Kodiaq and they work, that is first hand experience not anecdote.
Seen 3 so far and not one worked on a pancaked battery, when I see one working I will have that make, so far on 2 starts I have used my van and that took 10 mins at qtr throttle to get their jeeps to start, as I said maybe a battery just down to the threshold but not bu--ered as many are here, farmers are tight and wont spend the money, one battery starts everything in the yard.

Ok, as I said not shorted, aka in your parlance buggered. In which case disconnect the positive lead from the buggered battery, connect the widget to the positive lead and earth and trust me one of these little boxes will start it.

Ok, as I said not shorted, aka in your parlance buggered. In which case disconnect the positive lead from the buggered battery, connect the widget to the positive lead and earth and trust me one of these little boxes will start it.
Why dont cars just have them fitted instead of big heavy batteries, as I said will look into soon.

Why dont cars just have them fitted instead of big heavy batteries, as I said will look into soon.
Funnily enough, some race cars do have similar fitted, they only need one or two starts then rely on the alternator to keep it running. The reason being it only weighs a few grams compared to many kilos for a full battery.

I carry a Bolt Power one on the MH suitable for 3.0litre engines. Never had to use it in anger but this thread reminds me that I haven't checked it for a few months to make sure it s fully charged up.

I have a larger yellow Halfords type one at home which I have used when a battery got flat on my daily commuter. My fault as my commute was only 1 mile each way so it wasn't getting a proper workout often enough.

@Harryw: I haven't seen a Cerb around for ages. Back on the 00's I had a Griffith...which is the only car I actually miss (having owned a couple more exotica since...now also gone).

Seen 3 so far and not one worked on a pancaked battery, when I see one working I will have that make, so far on 2 starts I have used my van and that took 10 mins at qtr throttle to get their jeeps to start, as I said maybe a battery just down to the threshold but not bu--ered as many are here, farmers are tight and wont spend the money, one battery starts everything in the yard.
When I got my VW LT, the starter battery was knackered. I didn't want to replace it until the next spring as the van was 99% of the time just sitting in driveway whilst being converted so used the Lithium jump pack to start it up on the occasions I needed to move it. Also have used on car once when engine was mysteriously flat.

Ref folk that jumpers all the time as too tight to replace batteries ... I wonder how much time they waste doing that all the time instead of just replacing the battery?

Bit of video on using on the LT with its 2.8L lump. I found that the engine would always start on the 2nd turn of the key and not the first when using the pack. Maybe needed more time to transfer a bit of power? Dunno, but it was the same on every use and always started it.

They are also not a magic wand for a poor starting engine. If the engine will not start well anyway normally, these won't take that problem away. After I fitted a new battery when van was ready for camping use, engine started perfectly always :)

Last edited:
How much are they, i could have jump started from another vh in the time faffing about, but if cheap then I may buy one, so far any I have seen put to work have been as much use as a chocolate ask tray.

I carry one in my car and as David said it is usually the second turn of the key that starts it, my car engine battery kept going completely dead if it wasn't used for a few days, until I found the the drain I relied on the power pack and it never let me down, it has started the van once (2.8JTD) and I have helped a few people out with it, I would highly recommend them

How much are they, i could have jump started from another vh in the time faffing about, but if cheap then I may buy one, so far any I have seen put to work have been as much use as a chocolate ask tray.
I think around the £70 mark +/- maybe £20 or so?
I bought one firstly to give away as a prize on my forum and tried it out first. Was so impressed I bought a 2nd one as the prize and kept the first one :)
The guy who won it has used it a few times and likes it as well.

The one I got was described as "Car Jump Starter,EletecPro 14400mAh 600A Peak with LED Emergency lights,External Battery Charger Auto Booster Jumper for Vehicles,Portable Power Bank" and was £47 in Feb 2018.

I remember someone on Amazon commenting on Noco poor reviews where it didn't start a customers engine was likely something to do with the immobiliser and not the Noco. I didn't understand and lost interest has I dont have an immobiliser

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back