Alternative to sleeping bag.

Robmac

I tend to use a quilt in the camper, but I know some use sleeping bags to save on space. I find sleeping bags a bit restrictive so I have been looking for an alternative to use when I am motorcycle camping. I have just bought one of these;

It is very similar to the 'Woobie' much used by the American military and so far I love it. I went for the XL size Olive colour, it is very thin, very big and very warm, although I have only tested it indoors. Some report back that it is very hard to get back into the compression sack, not sure why but I found it very easy.

I could also see these as being very good to wrap around you whilst sitting outside the van at night. Overall I am very impressed with the quality, size, warmth and comfort. I shall report back in the Spring when I have used it under canvas.

When Rob said he had got a new bag it took a few mins for me being slow.
new bag.png

About 20 years ago we did an extended tour through China, not in the murvi.
Part of the tour was to a silk farm and small family run duvet making business.
We bought 2 duvets complete with zips and use these when on the road travelling.

The silk keeps us warm even when parked high overnight on Alpine passes.
Dezi

Last edited:
About 20 years ago we did an extended tour through China, not in the murvi.
Part of the tour was to a silk farm and small family run duvet making business.
We bought 2 duvets complete with zips and use these when on the road travelling.

The silk keeps us warm even when parked high overnight on Alpine passes.
Dezi

Alps.
You could have went to china on the silk road just to test it.

I tend to use a quilt in the camper, but I know some use sleeping bags to save on space. I find sleeping bags a bit restrictive so I have been looking for an alternative to use when I am motorcycle camping. I have just bought one of these;

It is very similar to the 'Woobie' much used by the American military and so far I love it. I went for the XL size Olive colour, it is very thin, very big and very warm, although I have only tested it indoors. Some report back that it is very hard to get back into the compression sack, not sure why but I found it very easy.

I could also see these as being very good to wrap around you whilst sitting outside the van at night. Overall I am very impressed with the quality, size, warmth and comfort. I shall report back in the Spring when I have used it under canvas.
looks good! but the way I am going Rob I think I will need the XXXL size

Looks good but I'm always a bit suspicious of websites that cant be arsed to spell check their websites scripts and allow errors to be present...

It reminds me of someone I know who left their job and set up in business providing secretarial/business support, part of which was a proof reading service. All good except that on the web page outlining the proof reading service, was a spelling error! :D

Looks good but I'm always a bit suspicious of websites that cant be arsed to spell check their websites scripts and allow errors to be present...

It reminds me of someone I know who left their job and set up in business providing secretarial/business support, part of which was a proof reading service. All good except that on the web page outlining the proof reading service, was a spelling error! :D

It's everywhere though these days. Skipping through the program descriptions on Sky and there are many spelling mistakes, missed words and other errors.

You would think that they would check before publishing to millions of people. Not very professional!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back