Alko Chassis

maingate

I hate that term "sealed for life". You usually find a non greased bearings life span is a lot less than a greased bearings.

But this is a good tip and will check ours next time i go to the storage unit. It was last serviced by Fiat to keep up the warranty but that does not mean they greased the rear axle, the interesting part is the service interval is every 2 years but this has to be greased annually. Unless it was greased as part of the habitation service by the dealers and that was annually except last year because they were shut.

Not unless there is a good planned maintenance system.

The most expensive form of maintenance is lack of maintenance.

brian c

Hi hi for those of you that grease your own Alko chassis. What grease do you use.

campervanannie

Annie, are we going to see a picture of your nipples?😍
Wooie has set a precedent now
O your not because it’s not an Alko Chassis it is a leaf spring ]\_$2§2€¥^^\€…_~^\\]|$§§\][]……… I lost interest at this point mechanics can be so enthusiastic about their work. 😂😂

Wooie1958

O your not because it’s not an Alko Chassis it is a leaf spring ]\_$2§2€¥^^\€…_~^\\]|$§§\][]……… I lost interest at this point mechanics can be so enthusiastic about their work. 😂😂

Well, i`ll go t`foot of our stairs o_O

I`d had put money on it being an ALKO chassis being a Rapido at 3.850kg or is it 3,880kg :unsure:

TeamRienza

Hi hi for those of you that grease your own Alko chassis. What grease do you use.

@brian c I had mine done a few weeks ago during a service and timing belt change. It was the first time I had not used the main dealer due to distance (Covid), end of 6 year damp warranty and the potential main dealer cost of a timing belt etc.
The local garage is a car and small commercial set up so I looked on the Alko website and then the Shell guide to grease products. The recommended grease is SHELL GADUS S3 V220C. My garage then followed the required procedure.

If your van has a full history of Alko axle maintenance then 5 to 7 pumps or until resistance is felt is the recommendation. I assume one tube should cover it. This subject was also dealt with in detail recently on a Hymer Facebook (closed) group. Many owners were not aware of the schedule required and found they needed to put lots more in. Some admitted to never having followed the schedule which could lead to axle failure. I seem to recall a replacement figure of £2000 for an axle being mentioned.

Davy

grath

I posted photo's and the maintenance schedule at the start of the thread. All the information is there.
Seems maybe people read last posts but not the start posts
Think that is normal :ROFLMAO: :D

2cv

I saw this site mentioned on motorhomer does reconditioning if the axle does become damaged. Link

brian c

Re thread 31. Some of us can follow a thread from start to finish. But if like me and my memory they will not remember half of it. I had to go back to the start to reread threads till I found the pictures etc. And I am one that has an interest in this thread. Some people are very lucky they can read things and remember them. Others like me have a memory like a sieve. Holes get. Bigger every year. I have noticed that a lot of people on the forums think that because they are capable of something everyone else is. In real life not so. Brian. Ps. Even so. I like the forums. Lol it’s just some of the people. Ha ha

QFour

Do I now need to go away and google wether my van has one and if yes will my mechanic sort my nipples out for me on the MOT and full service. 👍😂

If you want nipples sorting out I am your man. I spent all day yesterday playing with bright red nipples. The sort that are made of aluminium and tension the spokes in a cycle wheel. 😀🤣 All 108 of them. Three wheels on my trike and 36 bright red nipples per wheel.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)