Alde Compact 3000 Wet Hab & Water Heating

Nesting Zombie

Hi ya Guys.

I’ve got the above heater, it’s 2nd Hand, Fully installed, when on EHU it Heats the 2x 2ft fin Radiators fine, Heats Water absolutely fine, The Circulation pump does what it’s supposed to absolutely fine, & is whisper quiet at doing it so ALL GOOD 👍😊.
HOWEVER
Although it’s Got an External Flue, Good Gas Supply & all ok it just WONT work on GAS. So it’s pointless me having it. As if & when I’m on EHU I use an Electric Heater, & boil a kettle if I want Hot Water.
Any body know these units & have ideas or tests I could do as to determine what could be wrong on the Gas side ?.
image.jpg
70F64F14-DD99-4D41-B9A8-DA3797B245C2.jpeg

Last edited:
I have had a couple of vans with them in and they are very good.

This might be useful.

When gas is selected you should hear the boiler fan start up. If not, you have a problem.There is a reset button on the front of the boiler. Remove the black plastic cap and reset it.

If you need to buy spares, my link makes it an easy diy job.

Hi ya,
Yep Found the little Reset Button, a while back, even found a little fuse as well all ok there. Fan Starts, What sounds like a valve opens, then a few seconds later it all shuts down.
Now I CANT hear anything like a Pizzio spark, Not sure I should either 🤷🏻‍♂️
Thanks for the link I will have a gander 👍

Just looking at the fault finding part, & it’s pointing to any of the last 3 faults on the ignition side me thinks 🤔
3544D5F0-45A6-4694-833D-A4205131CEE4.png

• Well Done
Reactions: REC
It could be the spark electrode/flame sensor (they both come as a kit). I have changed them on my last van and current one, it's easy enough to do. In the mean time you could just gain access to them and see if they are set in the right position as per section 4.3 Fig 13. There is no noisy Piezo type sound pre startup on these boilers. You will hear the fan and thhen the noise of the boiler igniting. Do you get the red light on the control panel while you attempt to start the boiler and after it fails to light?

I will try & locate the Electrodes & Flame sensor in the dia you mentioned then relat it to the actual unit 👍
Can you remember how much the ‘Kit’ was offhand?.

Last edited:
Te ignition kit is £46.88 here ... https://www.leisureshopdirect.com/g...rs/alde-compact-3000-water-heater-spare-parts

I would just examine what you already have before jumping in and buying new parts. They can come loose and move, or wiring becomes detached etc. It is easy to get to the ignition setup as yours is not in a tight enclosed space like mine was on both occasions. Check the connections first, in fact check all connections because the safety features are all in series with each other. If the fan does not turn, the signal does not get to the ignition unit which in turn does not operate the gas valve ... if you can see where I am going here?

I see that you do not have the standard Alde control panel. This could be a problem because it has a built in adjustable thermostat to control at what temperature the boiler kicks in and out. Can you look for any kind of temperature control and check it out first. If you find one, turn it up to max and see if your boiler works, it might be as simple as that.

2 questions:

Have you had it working on 240 volts.

Can you contact the former owner for information (and hope he is a genuine bloke).

Yes I have, All works good on 240v.

I got it over a year ago, sold as seen, Never ran it on gas as was the-Fitting Boxy

I have had a couple of vans with them in and they are very good.

This might be useful.

When gas is selected you should hear the boiler fan start up. If not, you have a problem.There is a reset button on the front of the boiler. Remove the black plastic cap and reset it.

If you need to buy spares, my link makes it an easy diy job.
Hi the link you provided does not work, is there another link to the fault finder for the alde 300 please. We are having similar issues with the gas side. Thank you for your time all the best..

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back