Aire de Saintonge, Saintes.

peecee

Free Member
Saintes is a very old and historical town dating back to the Romans it has a great collection of Roman remains including an Ampitheatre and a cracking old town with narrow streets it's well worth a visit BUT the only Aire I could find was crappy. It looked as if it hadn't't had a council visit in years and at €5 for ten minutes water and thirty minutes electric it's far from a bargain. Regrettably the place seems to have overtaken by a large posse of what appeared to be persons of Eastern European descent in all sorts of mobile living quarters.Perhaps one to be avoided for the present I moved on to Rochefort for the night.

N 45. 74049. W 0.62743

N 45o 44' 36" W 0o 37' 39"

Saintes is a very old and historical town dating back to the Romans it has a great collection of Roman remains including an Ampitheatre and a cracking old town with narrow streets it's well worth a visit BUT the only Aire I could find was crappy. It looked as if it hadn't't had a council visit in years and at €5 for ten minutes water and thirty minutes electric it's far from a bargain. Regrettably the place seems to have overtaken by a large posse of what appeared to be persons of Eastern European descent in all sorts of mobile living quarters.Perhaps one to be avoided for the present I moved on to Rochefort for the night.

N 45. 74049. W 0.62743

N 45o 44' 36" W 0o 37' 39"
The D24, which runs alongside the aire, is reported to be very noisy as well.
A couple of nice aires to the north [Saint-Savinien} and north-west [Saint-Porchaire just off the D137 to Rochefort].

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back