AIB i`ll get hamerd

hotrats

.Got a call at the back of nine this morning re insuring my new to me motorhome by what i thought was a very abrupt person and told i would get hamered if i cancel the policy, so you can guess how i felt especially as i was awoken from my beuty sleep.anyway i have had a quote from another co through the caravan club and to my amazment it is cheaper. I have been with AIB since i started motorhoming but it seems loyalty goes oot the window somtimes.i am not a grumpy person as thoes that know will probably agree allthough i take no prisoners,maybe it was because i had just woke up,so i may call aib back if i think they can sharpen their pencil.

Just beware, I and lots of other people have had very unsatisfactory service regarding Caravan Club insurance through their broker Devitts.

.Got a call at the back of nine this morning re insuring my new to me motorhome by what i thought was a very abrupt person and told i would get hamered if i cancel the policy, so you can guess how i felt especially as i was awoken from my beuty sleep.anyway i have had a quote from another co through the caravan club and to my amazment it is cheaper. I have been with AIB since i started motorhoming but it seems loyalty goes oot the window somtimes.i am not a grumpy person as thoes that know will probably agree allthough i take no prisoners,maybe it was because i had just woke up,so i may call aib back if i think they can sharpen their pencil.

We don't read the forum daily but another client has just mentioned this post so I thought I'd drop you a note. I'm sorry you felt our agent was very abrupt, as you know, this is not our usual standards. If you want to have another pairs of eyes look at your case again please give our manager, Darren a call personally on 02380 268351.

All the best and thanks for your continued business, hopefully we can sort this little bump in the road too!

my renewal date fell mid march just when we were away awkward to ring around for quote tried to get a 15 month policy so i could sort it before i left, not available fair enough, could i cancel 3 months early get a refund & take out new policy, no refund, gone back to saga started new policy a month before aib one ran out & overlapped not a problem for them set it up before i left policy effective from 30 days after taking out can now ring around before leaving for 3 months,

All is happy and Zen like here in the norff,a call from Mr D puts mind in clear calm slot,i`ll be renewing with AIB well i`ts a change of vehicle.

In the building trade it’s called the carpet fitters discount. Or when you want to buy something nowadays and the salesperson asks what’s your budget that one really gets me or how much we’re you quoted from someone else.

Whenever I phone round for quotes for insurance I always ask for their best price and tell them I'm phoning many other companies, I've had wildly varying quotes some twice the price of the cheapest for the same cover, had one ask how they were doing and seemed surprised when I told them they were doing absolutely appallingly and they were twice the price of the cheapest one, they offered to lower the price but I told them not interested since I had specifically asked for their best price right at the start, I certain;y wouldn't put up with being spoken to abruptly.

Urology nurses just take the pee.

In the building trade it’s called the carpet fitters discount. Or when you want to buy something nowadays and the salesperson asks what’s your budget that one really gets me or how much we’re you quoted from someone else.

"none of your business".....

"I cant quote you unless i know"

"I'll go to another broker then....""

"Erm ... let me see........

Hi Gang
AIB has come through for me AGAIN this year, I just renewed the insurance cover for The Nest through them that again includes the norm -
Comprehensive cover,
Legal Cover,
Windshield,
Personal effects,
& other bits for £270 kinda the same within a few quid as the last 4 years or so I’ve been with them.

Well done AIB

I was with AIB for a couple of years,didn't have any claims and yet they still increased my renewal premium significantly.I can accept an increase taking into account inflation but it was above that.After ringing around a few companies I finished up with Comfort who were over £50 cheaper for similar cover.There's no benefits for remaining loyal to a company any more,thankfully there is plenty of competition.

If Comfort increase my premium unfairly next year then I will ring around again and I can guarantee getting a better quote.

Arrrrrgh

I am fed up with explaining this.

The reduction comes from the insurer NOT AIB. If people take out the insurance the insurer will ask for evidence of their membership and AIB will ask me for a letter confirming it. If it is a fake discount then why am I writing these letters and why have not AIB (who are regulated) been shut down for fraud?

Arrrrrgh

I am fed up with explaining this.

The reduction comes from the insurer NOT AIB. If people take out the insurance the insurer will ask for evidence of their membership and AIB will ask me for a letter confirming it. If it is a fake discount then why am I writing these letters and why have AIB (who are regulated) been shut down for fraud?

No one is doubting how it should work Phil,or that the discount is fake,but people are claiming they get a quote,then mention being a member of WC and the quote remains the same.
The post from AIB on this thread claims upto 15% discount for WC members. Upto, so is it 15% or not.
Thanks for arranging these discounts for us, but I've always got the impression that with AIB it is a bit hit and miss.

arrrrrgh

i am fed up with explaining this.

The reduction comes from the insurer not aib. If people take out the insurance the insurer will ask for evidence of their membership and aib will ask me for a letter confirming it. If it is a fake discount then why am i writing these letters and why have aib (who are regulated) been shut down for fraud?

wit?

""""arrrrrgh

The reduction comes from the insurer not aib. If people take out the insurance the insurer will ask for evidence of their membership and aib will ask me for a letter confirming it. If it is a fake discount then why am i writing these letters and why have aib (who are regulated) been shut down for fraud?""""

i think Phil means

AIB have NOT been shut down for fraud .......

""""arrrrrgh

The reduction comes from the insurer not aib. If people take out the insurance the insurer will ask for evidence of their membership and aib will ask me for a letter confirming it. If it is a fake discount then why am i writing these letters and why have aib (who are regulated) been shut down for fraud?""""

i think Phil means

AIB have NOT been shut down for fraud .......
A Ken a sortit oot ma nsurance yistirday.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back