AIB and No Claims Bonus

AIBinsurance

Hi folks,

We've had a couple of questions regarding No Claims Bonus on a motorhome policy and my attention has been drawn to a thread so thought I'd just clarify the position.

It's important to remember that we are a broker so deal with lots of insurers who all have different views and principles. What Axa and Ageas do is very different to LV=. What Aviva do is very different to KGM and Markerstudy.

That said, 'most' insurers do not use No Claims Bonus for a motorhome and as such, we wouldn't ask a client to send it to us. If the client wants too they can send us the No Claims Bonus, it will continue to earn and build but it's not a rating factor for most of the insurers for genuine motorhomes that are second vehicles etc. If the client then lapses we will confirm the bonus including what they had prior to us providing we were sent the proof.

If it's a part conversion though almost all insurers want No Claims Bonus proof and we would ask for it, the same applies (but not always) if it's not a second vehicle and used as a daily drive. Oddly, Full Timer policies don't rate on No Claims Bonus with us either.

We love the Wild Campers. You are an eclectic, fun, pleasure to deal with and our long standing relationship is something we really treasure and are very proud of and we would ask if you are unhappy when you leave us (and we lose very few clients) to ring us on 02380 268351 or email Darren Nangle our manager on info@aib.co.uk

Thanks again for all your business and continued support.

Darren

Hi folks,

We've had a couple of questions regarding No Claims Bonus on a motorhome policy and my attention has been drawn to a thread so thought I'd just clarify the position.

It's important to remember that we are a broker so deal with lots of insurers who all have different views and principles. What Axa and Ageas do is very different to LV=. What Aviva do is very different to KGM and Markerstudy.

That said, 'most' insurers do not use No Claims Bonus for a motorhome and as such, we wouldn't ask a client to send it to us. If the client wants too they can send us the No Claims Bonus, it will continue to earn and build but it's not a rating factor for most of the insurers for genuine motorhomes that are second vehicles etc. If the client then lapses we will confirm the bonus including what they had prior to us providing we were sent the proof.

If it's a part conversion though almost all insurers want No Claims Bonus proof and we would ask for it, the same applies (but not always) if it's not a second vehicle and used as a daily drive. Oddly, Full Timer policies don't rate on No Claims Bonus with us either.

We love the Wild Campers. You are an eclectic, fun, pleasure to deal with and our long standing relationship is something we really treasure and are very proud of and we would ask if you are unhappy when you leave us (and we lose very few clients) to ring us on 02380 268351 or email Darren Nangle our manager on info@aib.co.uk

Darren

I recently insured my car with AIG and was asked for proof of no claims, but not for my Motorhome.
This seems to bear out what they are saying.

Hi folks,

Darren

Can you tell me why you can't check the insurance database which I assume has all details of past claims to check to see if there has been any past claims.It would save a lot of messing around when giving people a quote.

Can you tell me why you can't check the insurance database which I assume has all details of past claims to check to see if there has been any past claims.It would save a lot of messing around when giving people a quote.

Good idea but impossible. It is not compulsory to submit your data to the CUE database so some insurers simply don't. Likewise, what if your wife had an accident on your insurance driving your car? We would also not be able to check claims etc for named drivers living at different addresses (as we don't take that info).

Well my iveco iris bus/camper is insured again with them as this morning,and got a discount after crying out loud,well done lads.:wave:

Good idea but impossible. It is not compulsory to submit your data to the CUE database so some insurers simply don't. Likewise, what if your wife had an accident on your insurance driving your car? We would also not be able to check claims etc for named drivers living at different addresses (as we don't take that info).

So if some insurers don't use it I assume you wouldn't bother checking the Claims Underwriting Exchange (which all the major insurers in the UK are members of)in the event of a claim against you?

It's complete hogwash and an insult to peoples intelligence to say you wouldn't check the database in the event of as new claim.This is not a direct criticism of AIB because I believe that all insurance companies are the same and would use any information gleaned from the CUE to try and refuse a new claim.

Seems like the insurance industry want it both ways,they will check the CUE database in the event of a claim against them but wont do the same to check proof of NCD thereby leaving the onus on the policyholder to provide proof of NCD.It's simply a ploy to make it awkward for people to change insurance companies.

MEMBERSHIP PROOF - Why so awkward?

Hello AIB, Will be contacting you tomorrow to sort out my membership discount.

As you have membership here why not use this to verify others? It seems a little odd that with modern technology this cannot be achieved, or a simple system introduced to allow this.

Thanks for your services.
Stanski

As you have membership here why not use this to verify others? It seems a little odd that with modern technology this cannot be achieved, or a simple system introduced to allow this.

Stanski

The insurance companies want letters as evidence, AIB are the broker.

Stanski
And the odds of dodgy non members ringing and using someone elses name only real proof is Phil

Unless you mean PMs

Channa

And the odds of dodgy non members ringing and using someone elses name only real proof is Phil
Unless you mean PMs
Channa

Indeed I was Channa - I can also see how this may not be adopted - just wanted to see if an easier mechanism could be adopted.

Refusal of No Claims Discount requested ?

Hi Darren,
Please could you explain why AIB has refused to give my new insurance company details of my no claims discount due to Data Protection Act?
Many thanks.
David

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back