Aftermarket cruise control

mfw

Thinking about getting cruise control fitted by conrad anderson £560 - £600 depending whether you get 3 preset speed controller or not - dont like electrics or electronics so would not go diy and £200 fitting charge is included in price

Reason i'm thinking about it is my leg and hip starts aching and gets uncomfortable after a while of driving - i do like to get to where i'm going quickly so can do a lot of hours at the wheel ( 30 min break every 4 hours or less )

So what are the 3 speed preset controllers like for the additional £40 seems a good option

Thanks

You may as well pay the extra £40...depending on the presets
or if you can choose 30mph 45mph 55mph would seem good
or 30 45 60

Reactions: mfw
I am guessing this is the "Gold Cruise"?
I bought one from Conrad-Anderson back in 2006 to fit to my RAV4 for a very similar reason when I had to do a 250 mile round trip to the office on a regular basis.
Some of the kits are quite simple to fit, others seem a right pig. £200 for fitting looks very reasonable.

I found the system I got generally superior to the factory fit cruise controls I have had.
I also opted to pay the extra money for the controller with the 3 presets and I honestly found it really handy and would recommend doing that.
On my commute the limit kept changing between 50, 60 & 70 every few miles it seemed. All I needed to do was programme the presets to those speeds and hit the relevent button as the limit sign approached.

You may as well pay the extra £40...depending on the presets
or if you can choose 30mph 45mph 55mph would seem good
or 30 45 60
You set them yourself. Similar kind of process to tuning presets on a car radio. Very easy to do.

I have CC from Conrad-Anderson with the 3 speed control option, never use the three speed option. I just note my speed and pull off/on as appropriate. Was simple enough to fit although a bit footery

I have CC from Conrad-Anderson with the 3 speed control option, never use the three speed option. I just note my speed and pull off/on as appropriate. Was simple enough to fit although a bit footery
You should definitely try using the presets. Can drive for ages without touching the accelerator or the need to be checking the speed to set on and off as it changes.
A feature that no Factory CC I have had has had sadly.

I am guessing this is the "Gold Cruise"?
I bought one from Conrad-Anderson back in 2006 to fit to my RAV4 for a very similar reason when I had to do a 250 mile round trip to the office on a regular basis.
Some of the kits are quite simple to fit, others seem a right pig. £200 for fitting looks very reasonable.

I found the system I got generally superior to the factory fit cruise controls I have had.
I also opted to pay the extra money for the controller with the 3 presets and I honestly found it really handy and would recommend doing that.
On my commute the limit kept changing between 50, 60 & 70 every few miles it seemed. All I needed to do was programme the presets to those speeds and hit the relevent button as the limit sign approached.
Yes it is the gold cruise - van is over 3.5T so it does seem to make sense - not sure if it is a continual but the prices at moment are 15% discount till end of year - they seem good which is why i'm looking at them - bit of a run birmingham though so need to turn into a break

I may be recalling wrong, but I think it is possible to camp outside the business overnight so you can get an early start on the installation?

I found the company very helpful when I contacted them for some assistance when fitting my kit. Something in the diagram seemed in the wrong place and they were very polite when they pointed out I was looking at it upside down 😝 (I was hanging upside down on the seat into the footwell while doing some of the wiring and forgot to turn the diagram round to match what I was seeing 🙂 )

• Funny
Ok thanks i'll see if i can get it sorted in next couple of weeks by them

3 presets sounds a great idea. Well worth the £40 extra I'd say.

I had Adroit Services fit cruise control to my motorhome in September 2007 just after i bought it new.

It is brilliant and has transformed motorway / dual carriageway driving and still works as good toady as the day it was fitted.

I bought it because my spinal problem causes me terrible pain / cramps if i hold either leg and foot in a similar position for too long.

All i do is to fit a new CR2032 battery to the command module that fits into a little cradle which is fixed to the steering wheel every year at service time.

They fitted it at Warners Lincoln Motorhome Show, he came to where i was pitched at the end of the day and fitted it on site. Took approx 2 hours.

He was more than happy for me to watch from inside our motorhome and answer any questions, trust me i had plenty.

It is very similar to the CM7 command module but mine is infra red and not wired like the one shown.

On my car you set the max speed and you cannot go any faster . good for 50 mph limits on smart motorway.

Thinking about getting cruise control fitted by conrad anderson £560 - £600 depending whether you get 3 preset speed controller or not - dont like electrics or electronics so would not go diy and £200 fitting charge is included in price

Reason i'm thinking about it is my leg and hip starts aching and gets uncomfortable after a while of driving - i do like to get to where i'm going quickly so can do a lot of hours at the wheel ( 30 min break every 4 hours or less )

So what are the 3 speed preset controllers like for the additional £40 seems a good option

Thanks
I really like the pre set for 30mph areas and use it all the time otherwise the eyes are road,speedo,road,speedo,road,speedo......hah, you get the idea. My next work van (ford) wont have it and I will miss it especially when a camera gets me!! mmmmm, think I have gone off on a tangent as I am talking about a limiter which I suspect is different but don't know how to delete this :unsure:

Last edited:
You should definitely try using the presets. Can drive for ages without touching the accelerator or the need to be checking the speed to set on and off as it changes.
A feature that no Factory CC I have had has had sadly.

I have them pre-set for the various speed limits. Time I footer about looking for the correct preset I am quicker just using the stalk to set at current speed. As you say you can drive for miles without having to touch accelerator. One of the best addition to have.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back