Adria Quality??

Toffeecat

Hi all.Ive had the 590SG over a month and put down a good few miles before Autumn and winter when I use my motorhome the most doing my photography. I picked the Adria after reading many reviews and inspecting it with a fine tooth comb having been in a large car factory working on fixing stuff on new cars. Well where to start.

Firstly the good. Exterior is excellent, all the Fiat stuff works as it should, the interior fit and finish is great, no rattles, nothings fell of. But...……………………..

Firstly a bit of trim fell of in the bathroom. Its a nothing easily fixed in a minute. Then the passenger seat belt broke as it wont retract. Ive stripped a good few before and no doubt its the little ball bearing inside that's stuck. Never known that happen before. Then the water tank dump valve broke. Its a clever idea, three settings full empty and 20 litres which I can see is a great idea, if it worked. Its bust and either holds nothing or 20 litres and still leaks. And the last one, yesterday out and about the fridge door swings open when driving. Milk and stuf in the door. It transpires the catch that locks the door shut so it doesn't open when driving is broken.

So, the "high quality" is proving to be less than high. And ive had it a month. Im not to angry as its under warranty and its going back in a few weeks. Better get stuff out the way now I guess. Shame as I know this would never happen with a similar price car. Love the motorhome but im trying to not get to pi££ed at the missus for making me sell my lovely Elddis 120 that was working %100 fine.

The joys of owning a motorhome. And to cap it all, went to a pub on the POI near Middleton in Teesdale to find it refuses motorhome stopovers. A great day!

As you know like the motor trade etc teething faults happen ,I was with Aston Martin/rolls Royce a fairly high end veh! Niggles were apparent there as well ,your experience will iron out those faults and it will be yabadabadoo after that

Enjoy

Middleton in Teesdale

Hi all.Ive had the 590SG over a month and put down a good few miles before Autumn and winter when I use my motorhome the most doing my photography. I picked the Adria after reading many reviews and inspecting it with a fine tooth comb having been in a large car factory working on fixing stuff on new cars. Well where to start.

Firstly the good. Exterior is excellent, all the Fiat stuff works as it should, the interior fit and finish is great, no rattles, nothings fell of. But...……………………..

Firstly a bit of trim fell of in the bathroom. Its a nothing easily fixed in a minute. Then the passenger seat belt broke as it wont retract. Ive stripped a good few before and no doubt its the little ball bearing inside that's stuck. Never known that happen before. Then the water tank dump valve broke. Its a clever idea, three settings full empty and 20 litres which I can see is a great idea, if it worked. Its bust and either holds nothing or 20 litres and still leaks. And the last one, yesterday out and about the fridge door swings open when driving. Milk and stuf in the door. It transpires the catch that locks the door shut so it doesn't open when driving is broken.

So, the "high quality" is proving to be less than high. And ive had it a month. Im not to angry as its under warranty and its going back in a few weeks. Better get stuff out the way now I guess. Shame as I know this would never happen with a similar price car. Love the motorhome but im trying to not get to pi££ed at the missus for making me sell my lovely Elddis 120 that was working %100 fine.

The joys of owning a motorhome. And to cap it all, went to a pub on the POI near Middleton in Teesdale to find it refuses motorhome stopovers. A great day!

Hi. We were planning to stay in Middleton in a few days...which POI was that you had a problem with?? And did you find another there that was ok?

Hi all, yep that's my attitude. Rather than getting a downer I like to think that im getting the niggles sorted then it will be fine. Honestly, the build quality is excellent, it seems the seatbelt, fridge arnt theres more suppliers issues and its under warranty. Id rather things break now than in a year.

As for the POI, we went to the Strathmore Arms Howick near Middleton in Teesdale. They said no stopover and didn't know who would have posted it was.Another one gone. Oh well,plenty of others.

Middleton

Hi all, yep that's my attitude. Rather than getting a downer I like to think that im getting the niggles sorted then it will be fine. Honestly, the build quality is excellent, it seems the seatbelt, fridge arnt theres more suppliers issues and its under warranty. Id rather things break now than in a year.

As for the POI, we went to the Strathmore Arms Howick near Middleton in Teesdale. They said no stopover and didn't know who would have posted it was.Another one gone. Oh well,plenty of others.

Did you by any chance check out the POI opposite at Bowlees Car Park, it looks like you could walk to High Force from there? Anyone else know this one?

It's a pleasant walk from the Bowlees visitor centre up to High Force. From the car park cross the main road and go down to wynch bridge, turn right once across the Tees and just follow the path. It's been a few years since I did that route - roughly 2 miles each way. Dunno about overnighting in the car park though

It's a pleasant walk from the Bowlees visitor centre up to High Force. From the car park cross the main road and go down to wynch bridge, turn right once across the Tees and just follow the path. It's been a few years since I did that route - roughly 2 miles each way. Dunno about overnighting in the car park though

It’s in the POIs, along with it’s WC, but I was wondering how up to date they may be given that the pub is long outdated.

The problem with motorhomes is that they all use the same, or similar suppliers for most of the fixtures and fittings and these are the parts that go faulty most.
Sounds like you van was built well, but let down by the other suppliers!
I’m sure once everything is sorted, it will be fine.
When we looked for a new van last year, we considered Adria, but couldnt find a local dealer.
We are really impressed with our Burstner though, after 10 months and 10k miles, the only thing that caused us a problem was a leaking driveshaft seal (Fiat base) which was fixed by Fiat Pro garage in less than a couple of days.

That`s so disappointing to read that Adria have turned out like this but like the majority of companies wordwide quality and workmanship have gone to pot :mad2:

We bought a brand new Adria Coral 680SL back in 2005 and it was by far the best and most well made vehicle ( including new cars ) we`ve ever owned.

We kept it for 18 months, put 12,000 miles on it and it was as good the day we sold it as the day we bought it, everything worked perfectly.

We traded it in for the British one we have now thinking we were upgrading and couldn`t have got it more wrong if we`d have tried .

The only problem i had was that 2 of the JOKON round lights on the rear let a bit of moisture inside them but i replaced them myself with new ones which were fine.

It`s still going strong today because it was bought by local person and we see it regular on the roads around here.

It`s now done nearly 80,000 miles and apart from a few very minor problems it`s working great and the owner is still chuffed to bits with it.

I think all the parts in any mass produced motorhomes are just cheap plastic fittings and sooner or later a % will break. Every one drives over potholes and you think oh oh, what will be next. Screws comes loose, hinges fail, light fail. boilers fail, fridges fail, water pumps fail. Seen it all in my 15 years of motor-homing. I just carry a comprehensive tool kit, selection of screws, some glue, and of course the gaffer tape.

The motorhome is dead, long live the motorhome.

The motorhome is very well built. Just the bits that have broken are none Adria bits. The water tank is a good idea, internal tank, internal tap/valve so no icing up in winter. Just a shame its broken. If it was out of warrenty id replace it myself with a simple water tap. Lets hopethe warrenty, some sort of insurance policy covers stuff. Ive had a read and its got more holes in it than a swiss cheese. Not covered includes: body, airbag,paint,glass,trim,in car entertainment, wear and tear service items subject to maintainance or periodic repair, furnishings, flooring décor, window catches, stays adjustment of blinds, hinges catches stays and doors. Theres a load of other bits but I cant type anymore!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back