ADAC changes afoot

wildman

I have recently received a letter from ADAC which I have had translated and add below, in real terms does anyone know what actual cover we in the UK will get with standard cover or is it time to look elsewhere. I have written to ADAC for clarification but maybe someone already has the answer.
Dear Mr Quaintance
as you know as a member of ADAC we do concentrate our effort mainly on members who are living
in Germany to supply support to those members all over the world. With increasing complexity
according to foreign laws we decided to deliver premium membership only to members who are
permanently living in Germany.
Therefore we will change your membership (including all memberships of family members) from
the first of November into a standard membership.
Of course you are protected according to all the benefits of a standard membership at a lower price.
The breakdown cover, legal advice, ADAC Tourkit and the ADAC benefit programm are still
available for you in Germany.
If your main address is in Germany and not at the place mentioned as above let us know please.
Regards
Michael Dern, consumer service

Time to fing another provider IMHO.
It will only get worse with whatever trade deal is "negotiated"

Brexit has done us few favours !

Have a read at this Roger. The consensus is it's time to move on, unless you have a German address.

Cheers

H

Oh Well I have my thoughts but maybe no correct
Just my opinion..However to suggest Brexit has had no impact in ADAC's thinking is possibly Naive !

What has Brexit got to do with it?
I think this may provide some clues

In particular
UK insurers and intermediaries will no longer be able to passport their UK authorisations across Europe, and European insurers will no longer be able to passport into the UK.

Some companies may consider not worth continuing to write business in areas where they are no longer legally compliant.

Oh Well I have my thoughts but maybe no correct
Just my opinion..However to suggest Brexit has had no impact in ADAC's thinking is possibly Naive !
I think this may provide some clues

In particular
UK insurers and intermediaries will no longer be able to passport their UK authorisations across Europe, and European insurers will no longer be able to passport into the UK.

Some companies may consider not worth continuing to write business in areas where they are no longer legally compliant.
The reason I asked what Brexit has to do with it is ADAC have dropped the plus element of their cover to quite a few other European Countries not just the UK, we are the only one that Brexit would affect so why have they dropped the other Countries?

Don't let facts get in the way of a good anti brexit rant!
No honestly not a Brexit rant as we now have Spanish residancy and our van has passed the Spanish IVA so I no longer care . The point I was making is that Brexit will affect many changes still to come . I dont know why ADAC are doing what they are doing. I understand that insurers who will no longer be able to passport into other countries will either have to set up subsiduaries in the other countries to operate under their regulations . It may be that ADAC have decided not to bother with UK regulations and decided to "tidy" up their customer base . I really dont know but just my thoughts

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back