A WARNING

roifromnwales

I found this on another website and am passing it along

Hi all

dont know how true this is - received it by e-mail this morning...thought it would be better knowing than not.....

THIS IS NOT A JOKE
> >
It was about 3 weeks ago, I was at the Shell station in London getting diesel. It was about 11:30 pm. 2 men and 2 women in a car approached me.
The man that was driving asked me 'What kind of perfume do you wear?'
I was a bit confused and I asked him 'Why?' He said 'We are selling some name brand perfumes, at cheap prices.' I said I had no money.
He then reached out of the car and handed me paper that was laminated; it had many perfumes on it. I looked quickly at it and gave it back. I said, 'I have
no money'. He said 'It is OK, we take cheque, cash or credit cards'. Then the people in the car began to laugh. I just got in my car and drove off.

Then I received this e-mail yesterday and it sent chills up my spine.

“Be careful. I was approached yesterday afternoon around 3:30 pm in the Tesco car park when two males asked what kind of perfume I was wearing.
Then they asked if I'd like to sample some fabulous scent they were willing to sell me at a very reasonable rate. I probably would have agreed had I not received an e-mail some weeks ago warning of a 'Wanna smell this neat perfume?' scam.

THIS IS NOT PERFUME...IT IS ETHER! When you sniff it, you'll
pass out. They'll take your wallet, your valuables and heaven knows what else.

PLEASE PASS THIS ALONG TO ALL YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS AND PLEASE BE
ALERT.
IF YOU ARE A MAN AND RECEIVE THIS, PASS IT ON TO YOUR WOMEN FRIENDS.

I called the police when I got back to my home, they told me about this:

CAR-JACKING SCAM!
This is from a Manchester Police Officer.

Imagine you walk across the car park, unlock your car and get inside. Then you start the engine and shift into reverse. You look into the rear-view mirror to back out of your parking space and you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle of the rear window. So, you jump out of your car to remove the paper (or whatever it is) that is obstructing your view.... When you reach the back of your car, that is when the car-jackers appear out of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. Your engine would be running…….
>
You would probably have your handbag in the car and they practically mow you down as they speed off in your car. A handbag contains all your identification with your home address, and they already have your keys!!

a bit scary, do you think?

Attachments

• BerlingoCamper2.jpg
    BerlingoCamper2.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 226
  • Kermit.jpg
    Kermit.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 222

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back