A speeded up video of the Grimsel pass ascent in July 2019

Great stuff.

I can never decide whether to leave video as recorded or put music over the top.

The engine noise is too much even if the volume reduced and does not really add anything !
My first foray into music.
Minor issues with finding music which is both suitable and copyright/royalty free.
Even though the videos are "not for profit" you have to be careful.

Tell me about it, nearly all my vids on Youtube have copyright infringements, doesn't mean anything though, they just take all the money if any is earned, and thats a big fat zero on my uploads 😂

Down from the Grimsel pass.

1598082759179.png

Grimsel
My first attempt so please excuse the imperfections !
Music too loud in places.
I have eliminated engine and road noise.
On this type of vid I like the first part of the footage to have a verbal intro. "We are driving from X to Y, this the the Grimsel pass being driven Northernly blah blah etc ......and then music.

Very good first attempt (y)

On this type of vid I like the first part of the footage to have a verbal intro. "We are driving from X to Y, this the the Grimsel pass being driven Northernly blah blah etc ......and then music.

Very good first attempt (y)
A valid suggestion, thanks !

A valid suggestion, thanks !
If driving videos are something you might want to develop as a hobby then 2nd or 3rd camera should be considered as jumping between views definitely helps to maintain interest. A good example being rear view footage near the peak of a climb because for some reason its tends so show the extent of the climb quite well. I have watched a lot a driving videos shot East of Turkey as I was trying to establish the general state of unsealed roads when trying to determine what vehicle I required, most were crap footage so you've done well.

Thanks
just happy with the one Dashcam.
But I will look to add still photos (from a good camera) taken "Downhill".
And ahead, some drone footage !
Not planning another dashcam !
They are more motorhome videos rather than driving !

oh, if you really get into it you simply can not do better than a passenger controlling a drone .............................hah, was writing that as you replied!!!

Drone is on the list for my next alps trip.
I've located most of the old military roads, just need to do them now. :)

It appears the "Not need to register" for drones under 250gms will change soon.
So I recommend a heavier drone as it will have longer flight time.
Also look for stability and a 3d gimbal
No need to spend a fortune (maybe up to £200
I like this guys reviews

Western/Maritime alps are littered with old military roads, power line access roads etc, most legal to drive on. Years ago it took me ages to locate even a few of these blooming roads 😂, lots of info easily found these days.

I get a bit bored editing vids, so just bung up dash cam footage, along with any swearing.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back