A Sad Tale update

Just a thought...could trading standards help? As it is a lack of service who h you paid for. If you speak to them, it gets logged and they can point you in the right direction for help. Make a record of dates, series of events before you speak to them. Even if not completely accurate, you will have a list of action taken ..(.or not) and promises made!

I've used Trading Standards a couple of times Ruth. Sometimes just the threat is enough to prompt some action but if not they really don't like it when TS first get in touch!

I've also used the Fraud Squad before now.

I've used Trading Standards a couple of times Ruth. Sometimes just the threat is enough to prompt some action but if not they really don't like it when TS first get in touch!

I've also used the Fraud Squad before now.
Thought it was you who grassed me up. :( 😂😂😂

The insurances are Aviva which I thought would have been reputable but obviously not. When the insurance ran out they asked me what I intended to to with the van. My reply was ‘ what are you intending to do as no one is going to insure it”
oohhh what a hassle for you........thanks for naming insurers........good luck in getting it sorted....;;;dont know how you have coped with it all so far......take care

The insurances are Aviva which I thought would have been reputable but obviously not. When the insurance ran out they asked me what I intended to to with the van. My reply was ‘ what are you intending to do as no one is going to insure it”
A relative of mine had his car insured with Aviva.
Came back to a car park to find it had been hit and a NICE person saw what occurred and left their details as a witness.
The relative phoned Aviva to let them know all the details.
No response from the insurer after a few weeks and so he phoned them again. They had no record of the details having been submitted to them.
So once again he went through the story.
No response again a few weeks later and he phoned them AGAIN, only to be told that they had no record.

He was starting to smell a scam and asked "Is this Aviva" and they said they handle different insurance companies.

He won't be insuring with Aviva again!

Hope you get the mess sorted!

Just an idea that may help when you start writing, hopefully, you used your mobile when you did all the communicating, if you go back through your call list you will have the times and dates, if a land line ask for the call list going back to when all this started, if the numbers mean nothing to you just ring them and jot down who they are for.

I use this app which makes my life easier https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nll.acr this one does allow you to add a note of who the call is to/from.

If you have a Samsung phone get it from here as it has the ability to store the numbers http://galaxystore.samsung.com/detail/com.nll.acr

You can choose to save the calls as MP3 files and save them to the cloud for later access.

Just a thought...could trading standards help? As it is a lack of service who h you paid for. If you speak to them, it gets logged and they can point you in the right direction for help. Make a record of dates, series of events before you speak to them. Even if not completely accurate, you will have a list of action taken ..(.or not) and

promises made
Good luck

I waited over 100 day for a door !. In 2009 but I had a like for like vehicle. Put nearly 10000 miles on it .it was just delivery miles new when deliverd

If it is no longer insured I suspect they won’t entertain anything that happens to it in storage. Straight on to ombudsman/watchdog etc

If the van was stored at the insurers expense and they authorised the storage, surely they are responsible for it’s safe keeping.
I wonder if they have storage insurance!
Seems to me you need some professional advice. As others have said, insurance ombudsman is the route you should take. I doubt trading standards would be interested and would probably steer you towards the ombudsman too.

If it is no longer insured I suspect they won’t entertain anything that happens to it in storage. Straight on to ombudsman/watchdog etches
If it is no longer insured I suspect they won’t entertain anything that happens to it in storage. Straight on to ombudsman/watchdog etc
as they are the ones who put it into storage it is still there responsibility. They are the ones who choose the repair centre and took it there. I was not involved in any of that

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back