A question for the bikers ?

Fazerloz

Thanks for the info. The Alton unit apparently appears to be a bit ‘fragile’ there’s an American made one, even more expensive! but that includes a new clutch kit and belt drive

I hope my rusty old knee holds up to kicking it over.
Put some plug caps and ht leads on first, might save you knee a bit. ;)

SimonM

Well the guy who did my restoration fits loads of Alton electric starts to Nortons; in fact, he's on talking terms with the company out in France. If you want, I could ask him what he would recommend and I could give you his honest opinion.

Rae
Thanks Rae, you can ask him just out of interest as I’m not certain I’d actually want to do the conversion. But never say never.

what I’ve heard, and this is relevant for other machines they also do (Velocette), the sprag system has some plastic inserts that get chewed up - exactly what that’s supposed to mean I don’t know - and then they get left starter-less until repaired, frequently.

Toffeecat

The most advanced beautifull motorcycle ever made. But if its ot available my old Hoda NSR 400 RS
2018-Ducati-Panigale-V4-Speciale_4.jpg

Reactions: 2cv

Fazerloz

Anyone who likes a bit of shed engineering some of the builds this man has done are incredible. This is his latest creation. Watch some of his other stuff as well.

SimonM

I saw a bit of an article the other day where someone has transplanted an A10 engine into an S8, sideways on to link it to the shaft drive.

Alan Millyard, our answer to Tony Stark?

StreetSleeper

1581422882069.png
They're all at it: Ariel, Kawasaki and BSA. Surely this must say something about the A10 engine.

Rae

Last edited:
Reactions: 2cv

SimonM

Now that would be worth some money! I wonder how many parts would interchange?

the Huntmaster was a derivative of the A10

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)