A question for the bikers ?

channa

I know a few of you ride, and my comments to Colette’s question got me thinking . If you could have a spin on any bike from the past, not necessarily own it what would it be ? My answers are pretty much shaped from stories my father and grandfather used to share, my dad raced at Mallory park a few times and grandad used to go sand racing one of his pals George Brough though he never owned on of his bikes used a new Hudson who eventually became girdling brakes . Late 70.s would have to be a Ducati 900 SS beautiful looking and a unique wail from air hitting the air box My dads era a Manx norton or a Vincent black shadow, a tootle on a bsa gold star But top spot has to go to a brough superior ss100 ....made famous by Lawrence of Arabia he owned several and was killed on one . 100 mph hands off the bars ...the advertising slogan and changed how rolls Royce made motor cars. The white gloves thing came from Brough) Made at Haydn road in Nottingham my city of birth ,grandads...
An account upgrade is required to view more of this post.

GreggBear

After seeing Easyrider I have always fancied a full on Harley chop, long Springer front end, forward controls & 70s paint. Really like the old Yamaha VMax too, but my one wish would be to have my Nighthawk sorted out & back on the road. 28yrs we've been together now, lot of good memories there....

2cv

I’ve always loved the racing MV Agustas of the 70s, like this. In 1973 I rode my fs1e down from Blackpool to Brands Hatch to watch Read and Agostini riding them.

trevskoda

Hailwoods honda six for me,anyone how has not ridden a modern missile only lives in a oldies dream world as new small bikes would leave a old manx for dead.

Last edited:

GreggBear

Same as a lot of the 80s trailies. Always wanted an xl250s as a lad, then an xl500s as I got older. Then it was the big XT Yams. Somehow the transalps & supertenneres didn't do it for me. Now I couldn't get a leg over a decent trailbike, so maybe a flat tracker would do the trick....

StreetSleeper

Husqvarna CR250. Used to have a Yamaha TY 250, could be used for on and off road, was great when we stayed at Kinlochleven for the trials. Rae

caledonia

Used to have a Yamaha TY 250, could be used for on and off road, was great when we stayed at Kinlochleven for the trials Rae I had a TY175 which was a great wee bike. Sold my HondaTL125 to buy it.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:205)

Edina, Moped, mistericeman, Martin P, GreggBear, tripper, Nabsim, oppy, 2cv, iampatman, SimonM, saxonborg, Tookey, Mikael, jerrycan, ian1950, vwalan, jeanette, sparrks, Floydster, TeamRienza, Victor, Jandb4, andyjanet, trevskoda, ricc, mid4did, Robmac, Asterix, Boots, Sharon the Cat, barryd, mofish, Richo, caledonia, Tapfitter, StreetSleeper, carmel thornton, 1807truckman, harrow, dunfillin, Bouydog, witzend, mfw, Chris356, mark61, ATwin, BJN, r4dent, Catalina, n brown, Telstar, clarkpeacock, The Camper, kevlakes, DiAndy, Geraldine, reiverlad, JVG, colinmd, britcoms, yorkshireCPLE, Bertilak, tobym, Silver sprinter, Forresbroons, keith49, Yelto, martinmartin, CliveW, Chrisp955, Neckender, Fazerloz, Mandoman, chrisjones18, timatabsa, phase3begins, PawneePilot, helen262, cyclone2, GWAYGWAY, Bigshug, janj, wesaaron, Ian and Cath, hextal, HurricaneSmith, Mobilvetta, Mr and Mrs Tupcox, mjvw, VandA, sarahwyer, Wully, Sharpie, molly 2, Obanboy666, scampa, Alf, AMcQ46, Farman, helmit, landoboguy, GeoffL, denmar, yorkslass, Benylin, jagmanx, JackieA, Salvage1, yeoblade, RussnMaz, exwindsurfer, Tezza33, Fisherman, hmssnake, Trotter, daygoboy, Pauljenny, ChrisInNotts, Biggarmac, bluebullet47, Toffeecat, yorkieowl, Beemer, Waid, Mr B, Dougr1411, POI Admin, watchthis, lofty, Alcfire, Davo11, richardstubbs, mickymost, Steve and Julie, Dulvil, riviera, vanmandan, tim m154, arranvet, Jean, Kennyb, JohnandGaynor, smg, McNasty, Pedalman, Guni, granth, nosfunk, merpb, Gerry Attrick, norman64, gemmat, delicagirl, cornish hymer, Simonfrench, noah and nelly, Chas, brakers, gettingolder2, stevenm5264, brian c, frontslide, Scotia, Aethelric, Dougw, quilkin, Barfly, slowgiles, DAVEY, paulg525, Skyeline, splitty67, Fitzy, Ninjaman1969, The laird, Dezi, landrovereditor, hunterd01, Snapster, Mur, bampi, topefisher, Palette, Mr Pastry, Muddypuddler, Tompa, Philh20, yorkscol, Eric Eke, RV2MAX, Jus, Codge, Trompete, Bramble33, Hirsute, Isnbill, raygee, marchhare, I&MK, phillybarbour, pedro, lifeafloat, Tinapow, mole906,