A massive thank you from all at AIB.

AIBinsurance

Afternoon,

Just a quick thank you to all Wild Camping forum members for all your custom over the last few months, we've insured more motorhomes and campers than ever before!

Don't forget, we give a healthy discount of up to 15% for any forum members so please contact the team for all your insurance needs on 02380 268351 or visit https://www.aib-insurance.co.uk/

Look forward to speaking to you all.

Many Thanks

Leah Burt
AIB Insurance
02380 268351

Last edited:
Tried you guys could not get near comfort price and did not really seem to be bothered and when mentioned wild camping said oh that’s already applied!!!

Tried you guys could not get near comfort price and did not really seem to be bothered and when mentioned wild camping said oh that’s already applied!!!

Thanks for giving us a try, we give all Wild Camping members discounts so it would have been noted. Sadly we can't be all things for all men but thanks for trying us and suspect if we weren't competitive this year, we'll get you next year.

Thanks again,

Leah Burt
AIB Insurance
02380 268351
www.aib.co.uk

I've had great service and prices from aib for years now
No complaints at all
Had a few nice discussions with Darren and his team who have always came good for me
Keep up the good work guys ( imho) only

I was with AIB for years and stupidly didn't really shop around. This year I decided I should be more thorough and easily got cover for half the price they quoted me. And they say on this thread that the member discount is "up to 15%". How do they decide how much discount they want to give you? And the reason I shopped around this year is because I moved house last year. The two insurance companies covering our cars each gave us money back because our new address was lower risk. AIB demanded £15 as an admin charge and no reduction. Last time they get any money from me

I was with AIB for years and stupidly didn't really shop around. This year I decided I should be more thorough and easily got cover for half the price they quoted me. And they say on this thread that the member discount is "up to 15%". How do they decide how much discount they want to give you? And the reason I shopped around this year is because I moved house last year. The two insurance companies covering our cars each gave us money back because our new address was lower risk. AIB demanded £15 as an admin charge and no reduction. Last time they get any money from me

Well I insured a one year old A class with unlimited windscreen cover, two year replacement of vehicle if stolen or written off, and a two year old Mercedes c class estate for £645 for both. I am 65 full no claims and a clean licence. And on both policies my excess was only £200.

Ive always found them pretty good. They will pretty much tailor your insurance and breakdown to your needs as well. Tell them what you want and they will find you the right cover. Easy to deal with.

MotorhomeFruitcakes members get 20% discount by the way *

* Not really. :D

Well I insured a one year old A class with unlimited windscreen cover, two year replacement of vehicle if stolen or written off, and a two year old Mercedes c class estate for £645 for both. I am 65 full no claims and a clean licence. And on both policies my excess was only £200.
then they were ripping me off even more than I thought

I'm sorry you feel that way. All insurers have administration fees and our's are very competitive in the market. That said, if the change of address provided a refund and depending on how long those policies had to run (the longer it has to run the bigger the refund) would determine if the refund is big enough to cover the admin fee.

Ring me personally when your insurance is due again and i will be delighted to try and 'woo' you back to AIB.

Leah

Ive always found them pretty good. They will pretty much tailor your insurance and breakdown to your needs as well. Tell them what you want and they will find you the right cover. Easy to deal with.

MotorhomeFruitcakes members get 20% discount by the way *

* Not really. :D
Haha! No they don't - every club gets up to 15% discount, depending on the insurer.

Why is it that a 75% 9 years plus no claims discount doesn't make any difference to your policy.???

Personlly I think 3 party ins should be incorporated in a road fund bought with a number plate or windshield sticker each year, fully comp then from an ins co, plus road tax on fuel so you pay for what time used on the rd.

I'd like to see a system where you insure yourself rather than the vehicle. For example, a policy would give me either third party only to drive any vehicle. If I then wanted to insure maybe my car or motorhome against fire or theft, I could do that as an add on to my personal third party cover. My standard cover would then cover me to drive any vehicle but cover would only cover the basic legal minimum required by law. It boils my p*#s that I have to insure my bus, my trike, & my blat motor all on separate policies, all policies only covering myself to drive.
I can't drive any two at the same time so why can't I just cover myself instead?...

I'd like to see a system where you insure yourself rather than the vehicle. For example, a policy would give me either third party only to drive any vehicle. If I then wanted to insure maybe my car or motorhome against fire or theft, I could do that as an add on to my personal third party cover. My standard cover would then cover me to drive any vehicle but cover would only cover the basic legal minimum required by law. It boils my p*#s that I have to insure my bus, my trike, & my blat motor all on separate policies, all policies only covering myself to drive.
I can't drive any two at the same time so why can't I just cover myself instead?...
I agree with that but here is the problem, get ins and folk would buy the fastest thing on earth, yes you can only drive one thing at a time.

I agree with that but here is the problem, get ins and folk would buy the fastest thing on earth, yes you can only drive one thing at a time.
Yes I can see the pitfalls of the idea, same as how we all used to have a non running Honda c90 in the shed, which we insured on a Norwich Union rider policy, which covered us for "any motorcycle"
Loads of people did it, which is probably why the rider policy is no longer available....

Yes I can see the pitfalls of the idea, same as how we all used to have a non running Honda c90 in the shed, which we insured on a Norwich Union rider policy, which covered us for "any motorcycle"
Loads of people did it, which is probably why the rider policy is no longer available....
Had that type with the BMF. ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back