A class v coach built

Yes, been in one last year and look good value. I just prefer hab door on other side[/QUOTE]

I never understand this hab door preference.

If on a aire or wildcamping does it matter?

If a safety consideration for opening on a layby surely if one pulls close to the kerb the width of the MH plus door only equals the width of an artic, so one's door is not into the main carriageway.

Then what about UK and Continental touring? Does one ask for 2 Hab doors?

Geoff

Yes, been in one last year and look good value. I just prefer hab door on other side[/QUOTE]

I never understand this hab door preference.

If on a aire or wildcamping does it matter?

If a safety consideration for opening on a layby surely if one pulls close to the kerb the width of the MH plus door only equals the width of an artic, so one's door is not into the main carriageway.

Then what about UK and Continental touring? Does one ask for 2 Hab doors?

Geoff

I have had a continental van for three years now.

Last year I parked the van parallel to the pavement with the hab door on the roadside.
Our grandson opened the hab door to leave the van, I just managed to grab him before he walked under a passing bus. Luckily the bus missed the hab door by inches and no damage was done.
When we parked like this we had to leave via the passenger door, which was not as convenient.

What I don’t understand is, if what you are saying is correct, then why do the manufacturers in Europe supply these vehicles with the hab door on their ns. I am sure if they supplied their vans with the hab door on our ns this would not go down well with the Europeans.

Also why does every review I have read and videos I have watch applaud roller team for supplying these vans to uk spec.

Basically, they just cant't be bothered to change their lay outs around. But as I said, it works for us and we don't stop on busy roads!

Sorry ***** but other than in Europe I can see no advantage to the hab door being on our os.

Yes as you say the rest cannot be bothered to supply vans to our spec, roller team being the only ones to do so.

This is all about preference, and I look on this as being preferable to my current situation.

Yes, hardly use here here in the UK
But had 5 vans and always had the door on the European side so well used to it!

We have not ventured over the channel, possibly if we do, then we may well prefer the doors the other way round.

At the end of the day, there is no right and no wrong.
What ever works for the owner, you, me and who ever, is the way to go.
I was not in any way trying to say one way is better, just what works for me!

If a door is on the wrong side, turning around is an option, but sometimes the view would be lost

Absolutely, that’s why we have campers, van conversions, and Motorhomes with hundreds of variations to chose from.

Never use lay by's Geoff, but just used to the European side and happy that way.
Don't like to be door to door and although we could turn around, this works better for us

We only use lay bys for coffee/pee stops not o/night.

As for door to door we are usually on almost empty Aires and never campsites.

We have no problem with our hab door being on RH side even in UK, but we do not have grandchidren - well not in the MH.

I think it would be impractical for continental converters to offer hab doors on the LH side for the limited UK market that never wants to leave UK. Then when those owners wanted to sell to people that are used to touring Europe they are disadvantaged.

There is no answer for the continental converters.

Geoff

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back