90 days Brexit

• Thread starter Deleted member 53037
  • Start date

Deleted member 53037

So now we have hit the magic 90 days with regards to Brexit, how many of you are staying put in Europe and taking a chance and I wonder how many are coming home to the UK now? I hear nothing about this in the news.

So now we have hit the magic 90 days with regards to Brexit, how many of you are staying put in Europe and taking a chance and I wonder how many are coming home to the UK now? I hear nothing about this in the news.
We came back four days ago and are now in splendid isolation! Our ferry was packed - as, apparently, were the previous three or four and the next one - so lots of us have obeyed the new rules but I do know of at least one person who is still there and not planning to come back until May! There must be others and it will be interesting to see what happens to them. No doubt the "I am British and I can do what I want" brigade will make a big fuss when they are penalised, so I expect we will be hearing about it! :)

Just read this morning about a group of expats who were turned back at the airport in Spain, trying to get to their Spanish houses.

Last edited:
When deporting overstayers it’s the person that is usually deported not their vehicle. This could cause big problems for any that are found to have overstayed the 90 days.

apparently if you were abroad pre dec 31st the 90 days doesn’t apply ? 🤔 as you legally arrived , once you come home the 90/180 applies

Reactions: REC
apparently if you were abroad pre dec 31st the 90 days doesn’t apply ? 🤔 as you legally arrived , once you come home the 90/180 applies

Yes but its not quite as simple as that, if you were in living in the Schengen you needed to apply for residence before the 31st December.

In Spain this is the TIE card, many applications were held up due to covid, and many people left it too late to apply even though the Spanish started issuing the TIE cards in July.

Any Brit arriving at Calais or an Airport to come home now without a visa stamp will have to show they have not been in the Schengen area for more than 90 days. European authorities haven't been 100% on this as yet, but they will be.

Travelling now is subject to Covid restrictions and therefore any non Spanish resident arriving without a TIE card MUST have a valid reason for travel, holidaying is NOT a valid reason so if you own a house there and don't have a TIE card you can't visit that house until after the covid travel ban is lifted, unless you can show that you work there.

It does seem a bit harsh that people who have applied for TIE and have received a letter telling them to go to the local office and pick it up are being turned away, but I guess technically the Spanish border force is correct.

The travel restrictions are not only being enforced on Brits, any foreign national is subject to the same restrictions.

TBH Given the current issues I don't see why anyone would travel for a holiday right now, I'm sure many of us (including me) can't wait to get away but if we are honest we know we shouldn't.

The other thing to consider is tax as I have been told and paid import tax once the vehicle has been in Spain for 6 months. Ours was a significant 4 figure sum

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back