13.2 v and no drop .🤣

Mr and Mrs Tupcox

Help needed .
After 4 years of all most full timeing, I keep walking over to our parked up home on wheels and checking everything is ok.
And every morning the charger reads 13.2 v what is wrong.lol this not normal .🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Regarding starter battery I've read conflicting opinions.
One being that starting the engine would need a forty mile drive just to replace the energy used......
The latest from Green Flag saying start the engine once a week and leave running for twenty minutes and all will be fine.

I left mine for a month before a necessary hospital appointment...and it started first turn of the key.
I guess after the fifty miles round journey it's ok for another month or more.

Mine peak at 14.4 and then drop to 13.7 float with the new mppt charge control unit which also has a 1ah float to starter battery
solar duel a.png

Regarding starter battery I've read conflicting opinions.
One being that starting the engine would need a forty mile drive just to replace the energy used......
The latest from Green Flag saying start the engine once a week and leave running for twenty minutes and all will be fine.

I left mine for a month before a necessary hospital appointment...and it started first turn of the key.
I guess after the fifty miles round journey it's ok for another month or more.
Depends on the condition of the battery, the type of battery, the standby load in it, and the power of the alternator. Assuming a bit under a couple of hours for a fifty mile round trip, that'll be enough to get the battery bulk charged, but not to 100% after the absorption stage.
My car battery ran completely flat after five weeks a year or two ago, but the battery was eleven years old.
Last week, it wasn't flat, but it couldn't quite start the engine. Needed a jump start after only about a month idle.
I connected it to 200 watts of solar panels for a couple of days, and it seems fine now. I'll try to remember to connect it every few weeks.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back