12v socket wiring

Alshymer

Hello All
I have a 12v socket for the tv and I should like to wire up 3 more in the same area.
Can anyone tell me the best way to do it?
Thanks

Depends what the purpose is of the additional sockets to what you can safely do....

This sort of thing ebay but check what volts you are pluging in there is two cigar adapters available.

Attachments

• 8DE05F91-64B5-402B-91D3-EA0AE9A13E81.png
    8DE05F91-64B5-402B-91D3-EA0AE9A13E81.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
Thanks but I don’t want to use something like that. I want to have proper sockets

Main thing is the wire able to handle the extra load, if heavy then use blue crip jumper connectors and spades.

Thanks but I don’t want to use something like that. I want to have proper sockets
The key thing when adding sockets is determining if you need to run a new supply or can daisychain off an existing socket

Hi. iPhone charger. Pace 12v satellite receiver. Tv.
if a regular iPhone and not one with PD, that will maybe be 3A. Satellite reciever is unlikely to be much , so it is likely you can wire off the existing socket, but I would fuse the new sockets with appropriate fuses just to make sure.

I did something similar with my Motorhome - wanted to have some 12V sockets hidden away behind the TV to run the TV, a PC that is connected to the TV (equivalent to your sat receiver) and potentially a Sound Bar for the TV. All these combined will be under the rating of the existing socket and circuit.

Added a set very much one of Trevors pictures .... These three are connected off the existing 12V Socket for the TV that is on the right in the photo. But these are only suitable for the use put in for - certainly could not be running them at the "typical" 10A per 12V socket!
IMG_20210607_182232_4.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back