£1 motorhome holiday parks in Cornwall

Thank you witzend, that seems like a complete change from last year.
But they do have the capacity, all they have to do is stop seeing Motorhomes and start seeing road users with slightly larger vehicles. I am not saying that all overnight signs and barriers should be removed, but I am sure many could and should be.

Thank you witzend, that seems like a complete change from last year.
But they do have the capacity, all they have to do is stop seeing Motorhomes and start seeing road users with slightly larger vehicles. I am not saying that all overnight signs and barriers should be removed, but I am sure many could and should be.
Yes we are , at least , being considered . Go to Cornwall a lot , normally . To be honest I often stay in places that are tourist hotspots but always off season . Never had a [major] problem

I find that, as with most management structures, these organisations are fundamentally lazy and bloody arrogant.

There is a burgeoning demand which should and could be met and local authorities should develop strategies to do just that. It sticks in my craw that there always seems to be some organisation or individual who seems to think that the allowing me freedom to travel and stay anywhere is in their gift. These ''Visit'' organisations are paid for groups of providers of accommodation so they will obviously be aiming to get folk into their establishments.

Wish I was in Europe.

Cheers

H

I found it quite depressing. He stated that we are looking for value tourism not volume, hence assuming that cheap motorhome stops will result in less profit. He completely misses the fact that motorhomers will be spending money being tourists, as we all know.
And why is 2021 not the right year to be discussing it?
He also sees the enquiries about stopovers that he has been receiving as 'earache' rather than an opportunity to increase tourism profit.

I am not sure where he gets the £1 from. We are sending out letters under the CAMPRA heading requesting aire type stop overs, the suggested fees are around £10.

I find that, as with most management structures, these organisations are fundamentally lazy and bloody arrogant.

There is a burgeoning demand which should and could be met and local authorities should develop strategies to do just that. It sticks in my craw that there always seems to be some organisation or individual who seems to think that the allowing me freedom to travel and stay anywhere is in their gift. These ''Visit'' organisations are paid for groups of providers of accommodation so they will obviously be aiming to get folk into their establishments.

Wish I was in Europe.

Cheers

H
I reckon what's needed is a national policy for each country within the UK.
After all we don't pay or taxes to our local authorities when buying motorhomes and the many other things that we require for them.
I agree that many councils are run by lazy councillors who know nothing about us, and these same councillors are swayed by NIMBYS who also know nothing about us, and simply hate to see us anywhere near their areas. But the common denominator is ignorance, and that has to change, but it won't be easy changing long held attitudes.

I am not sure where he gets the £1 from. We are sending out letters under the CAMPRA heading requesting aire type stop overs, the suggested fees are around £10.
£10 :eek: sounds like CAMPRA are looking to have a few aires them selves

I must have read that differently to most, I read it that they aren’t doing anything this year and unlikely to do anything in future. They don’t want more people they want you to use what’s already there and then don’t turn up when full. Last line said it all for me, Make hay while the sun shines.
What he is missing is that traditional holiday times may not be as rigid this year with furloughs and kids being sent home when a classmate tests positive. Also ignoring the fact that there are a hell of a lot of folks in vans stuck in U.K. that WILL be turning up.

If you scroll down and read some of the comments you can see that it's going to a long hard slog to change most people's attitude to motorhomes :(

Regards,
Del

He is employed by visit Cornwall who are funded by the hotels and campsites. He has no interest in helping find places for motorhomes to park overnight except on sites. CAMpRA have no intention of running anything. It is a campaign and nobody on the leadership team have any interest in taking on anything that needs managing!

He is employed by visit Cornwall who are funded by the hotels and campsites. He has no interest in helping find places for motorhomes to park overnight except on sites. CAMpRA have no intention of running anything. It is a campaign and nobody on the leadership team have any interest in taking on anything that needs managing!
Rightly or wrongly I take a positive from the fact he has [it is a he?] actually acknowledged us . I know , crumbs from the rich man's table !
Cornwall does get rammed at peak holiday times but many of us travel well out of season . Been criticised on here before but a policy for motorhomes off season would be a step in the right direction . Many French hotspots do this

Still enough people willing to pay the price for a holiday in Cornwall, so nothing is going to change for Motorhomers.
Just put your money in the little box on the Tamar bridge, and f. off.

Rightly or wrongly I take a positive from the fact he has [it is a he?] actually acknowledged us . I know , crumbs from the rich man's table !
Cornwall does get rammed at peak holiday times but many of us travel well out of season . Been criticised on here before but a policy for motorhomes off season would be a step in the right direction . Many French hotspots do this

Only been there twice, and you are right it does get crammed, crammed with cars and the odd Motorhome here and there. It’s strange but go into any town and people are oblivious to the carparks full of cars, the surrounding streets full of cars, and heavy traffic nearly all cars. But over in the corner there are 6 Motorhomes that are taking up car spaces and irritating those very car owners, and some locals.

Only been there twice, and you are right it does get crammed, crammed with cars and the odd Motorhome here and there. It’s strange but go into any town and people are oblivious to the carparks full of cars, the surrounding streets full of cars, and heavy traffic nearly all cars. But over in the corner there are 6 Motorhomes that are taking up car spaces and irritating those very car owners, and some locals.
Funny that !
If the local authority designated 6 spaces for motorhomes there probably wouldn't be any resentment
Think we would also need to , somehow , generate positive publicity . I mentioned Cameron McNeish talking in support of motorhomers recently . More , possibly higher profile , like that would help .
Maybe the new movie Nomadland will help , maybe not

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Back